1998 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: love my 98 F-150

1998 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT Extended Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

love my 98 F-150
By Bonnie on

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck in 2000, fell in love with it the first time I drove it. I still love my truck, wish this body style would come back. DO NOT like the 2004 and newer body style of the F-150/F-250. I still get compliments on my truck but I now have 94,324 miles on it. When I bought the truck it came with air bags over the rear tires which really helps when we RV tow, pick up gravel or other heavy loads. It's been a GREAT TRUCK! I still have it but am considering stepping up to a 3/4 ton. Sure wish FORD would bring back the 2000 body style. I added a magna flow exhaust on it (sounds great) My truck turns many a heads!

Favorite Features

Drives like a car, looks GREAT, can go on long trips and not feel cramped. great on gas considering it's a truck.

Suggested Improvements

My suggestion is to bring back the 2000 body style. The 2004 & newer are too boxy looking, I'll bet if Ford offered the same truck with 2000 vs 2006 body styles the public would choose 2000 style. Of all the trucks on the road, 2000 body is most popular. PLEASE BRING BACK 2000 BODY STYLE!