1998 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
I'm now a Ford guy.
By ravenmaniac on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Up until now I have been a flat out GM man all the way. I desided to take a chance on Ford, since I've had them as service vehicles for years. When I bought this truck it had 85000 miles, it now has 102000 miles. Even with the high mileage this truck is great. Very tight and sound. No squeaks, rattles, and other annoying noises. Haven't had one bit of trouble. I will definately be considering Ford as well as Chevy for my next truck purchase. P.S. I hear a lot of complaining about gas mileage. I have a 4.6L and average about 17mpg highway, which I believe is very good for a pickup.

'98 ford xlt xtra cab
By BIGB on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

best vehicle i have ever owned. changed o2 sensor and tires at 40,000 mi. other than normal stuff like filters and oil that is it. avg. gas mileage is 15 to 16 in town and 18 to 20 on highway.

im disapointed
By Chris Clattenburg on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

i bought this vehicle from my friend who was moving but had bought his truck 6 months earlier.It has bad fuel mileage and I already had to get a new power steering pump and I had to get a newfan belt.It just isnt performing the way a 1998 truck should .I wouldnt recommend this vehicle to anyone that doesnt like sitting on the side of the highway waiting for road side assistance.I just sold the truck and I will never buy another one in my life.

GREAT TRUCK
By Mark_in_California on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

10 miles NEW ! 35000 miles, tires 65,000 miles, spark plugs 75,000 miles, PCV valve due to Service Engine lamp. 87,000 miles, tires and bought new 18" rims. 90,000 miles, Fuel injection cleaned and new brakes. 92,000 miles, spark plugs and wires due to hesitation when the engine was under load.

Reliable truck
By AZ F150 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I didn't like the body style of the modern F-150's, but when I saw this 4x4 I changed my mind. Two tone paint really accentuates the truck well. Very reliable truck. Not real great gas mileage, but none of the full size trucks do. The 4.6 is a little under powered and the captains chairs in the XLT aren't the most comfortable, but there really isn't any one thing that stands out as a bad feature of this truck. Again, the truck just keeps going and will take anything I throw at it.

to buy or not
By popcorn on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

It seems to be a nice truck,rides very nice and smooth even with large tires and not have road noise from the tires. Power locks and windows and remote control mirrors are already in. I'm concerned about the milage averaging about 18600 per year.

excellent truck!
By nascar98 on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1998 NASCAR edition new, after 3 1/2 years all I have replaced is the temp control knob. This is the best built truck I have ever owned

Awsome truck
By ardarbonne on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Had this truck for not even two years. I have decided I wouldn't give it up for the world. Already moved across country and had to tote over 7000 lbs worth of households. No problems what so ever. I have been hit once which most would consider totalled, but she is still running strong. Beautiful truck with great power. If you can get past the gas mileage, this is the best truck to look into.

Another F150
By Trainut on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab LB

This has been another good Ford truck for me I bought my first in 1974 after driving Chevy's. This F150 has everything that I wanted except an anti slip rear end. I have driven 63K miles and done the routine maintence and never had a problem, the small V-8 could get better milage but 17-19 mpg isn't that bad. The paint has held up well and the interior is fine.

A REAL truck!!!!!
By Jasonmonroe on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck in late 2001 with 61K miles, and now it's 8/02, and I only have 66K miles...so I don't drive much. But I can tell you it's the best truck I've ever had or seen. Tons of power (especially torque), the stereo sounds great, more room than anyone would ever need, quality built with awesome styling, and a super comfortable ride. Add a flowmaster exhaust system, and the sound of the 5.4L Triton really comes to life! Other full size trucks have their positive points, but I'll take my Ford anyday. You wouldn' beat it! Quality is STILL job 1 at Ford.