1998 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 6

1998 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
By K. Medlin on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

119000 miles with no problems except for alternator replaced at 60,000. Goodyear AT tires were original equipment. I got 64K on first set of tires and still riding on 2nd set.

a work horse
By cjfri on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

we bought our truck used to transport out 2 tall girls around a car was to small but all in all our truck has done so much work for us. We put new bigger tired on it and it is a beauty, We love our truck.

my f150
By gdc on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

over 100k , the truck has required regular maintenance only. Has never left me on the side of the rode.

REVIEW
By HECTOR CASTILLO on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

VERY CONFORTABLE BEUTIFUL DESIGN RELIABLE FEW MECHANIC PROBLEMS

Quality is NOT job one at Ford
By PMed on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab SB

I really like my F 150 and have believed that Ford has always produced a superior truck. However, to my surprise, shortly after the warranty expired, I have had to replace the rear axle seals and a tie rod end which happened to shear off and punch through the drive side rim at 5 kilometers per hour (good thing I wasn't travelling any faster. Surprise, FORD has yet to recall this vehicle for this problem. I have been told by numerous TOW TRUCK operators that this SAFETY Concern is a common occurrence.

F150
By Manny Arzavala on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Best design and truck load of fun. This truck, mine, is one durable beast. Besides the sharp appearance, it is a true truck. Mom and Dad ove the look and strenght it offers, as we tow our boat state wide or cruise / shop.

Quality, Job#2
By Luvfastbikes on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Since then, I've had several warning lights burn out in the dash, the rear leaf springs have broken twice (and no, I haven't exceeded the manufacturer's limits), a couple of engine electrical glitches, malfunctioning factory alarm system, occasional smoke on start-up, and some brake problems. Would I buy another Ford truck? Maybe, but it would definitely be a new one, to ensure maximum warranty duration to iron out the glitches before it comes out of my pocket...

Mom Mobile
By Caitsma on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck new 5 years ago. I'm a woman and a mother and I've been driving pick-ups for over 20 years. This has been my favorite! Very reliable, quiet, tight and trustworthy! No mechanical or cosmetic problems thus far. I love my big V-8, it's got loads of get-up and go! And thanks to the air-bag option, I can cart 3 kids around, no problem...and still haul cargo! And the best part: People still tell me "Hey, nice truck!".

Ugly but works really well!
By Andy E. on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab SB

I hate the body style, but they dumped the beautiful truck style I liked in 1996. This has been an excellent vehicle. One time in the shop in 88,000 miles (because I forgot to tighten the gas cap and the check engine light came on). It goes up hills without downshifting and has really reasonable accelleration for a six cylinder.

enjoyable
By kt3 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

this vehicle has been very dependable. no problems as of yet with over 84000 miles.