1998 Best by Far for Ford
By Ford Man on
1998 Ford F-150 3dr Extended Cab SB
I have a 1998 Ford F-150 4.6L 2wd. This truck has been through thick and thin as a farm truck. I have pulled my round bailer with ease. I still have the truck and plan on giving it to my son soon. This truck still has some get up and go and can still jump when you press the pedal to the floor. I think I forgot to mention that it has 375,419 miles on it. I haven't had to swap or do anything at all to the engine or the transmission, and it doesn't look like I will have to anytime soon either. I have had Chevy's but they do not have near as much as my Ford right now. I will tell you right now that 1998 must have been a good year for Ford. The only thing I have had to change is the oil, & tires.
Favorite Features
The style, performance, and never leaves you stranded
Suggested Improvements
Gas economy (Just like any other V8 truck), and the door seals
By smoo4asw
on 10/08/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

We have a 2003 Ford F-150 with the 4.6 liter Triton V8, it's also a 2WD model, and my son has offered to pay me $23,630 (the MSRP plus destination fee) once he gets healthy enough to work a job-he can't imagine paying $30,000+ for a turbo 4 banger when he sees the F-150 just work (with an upgraded stereo it can even use Siri on my work iPhone, as well as charge it with a cheap adapter.) It's so reliable and I can't believe I got it for a really good out the door price.