1998 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F150 XL
By weblank on 11/16/04 17:17 PM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This pickup has always been reliable, even in severely cold weather. I have had no problems with it. It still has no rattles, squeaks or wind noise. It runs smoothly and the automatic shifts well. The only improvement that could be made is to reduce the cabin noise level. This pickup is much quieter than my previous F150 but could be better.

A Durn Good Truck
By Kenstar on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I used this truck for towing my motorcycle trailer and for general all- around driving. It has been highly reliable and functional. I bought the smaller V-8 thinking it would get better mileage than the larger engine. It didn't and that was disappointing. A great around truck, but not good for large range commuting because of the mileage (about 13.5 MPG).

Reliable truck
By AZ F150 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I didn't like the body style of the modern F-150's, but when I saw this 4x4 I changed my mind. Two tone paint really accentuates the truck well. Very reliable truck. Not real great gas mileage, but none of the full size trucks do. The 4.6 is a little under powered and the captains chairs in the XLT aren't the most comfortable, but there really isn't any one thing that stands out as a bad feature of this truck. Again, the truck just keeps going and will take anything I throw at it.