1998 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Hello fellow Fordeneirs
By Daniel on 07/22/08 19:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the truck with 169,820. I put about 4200 mi on it since may 08. Gets about 20 hwy 15 cty, always starts, it's very peppy. I put a cherrybomb on it and eventually I will put 265/75/16 on a 2wd. I hoping it'll pay off in the winter. All in all great truck to own!

10 years of excellent service
By kcokc on 05/09/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought new in August 98. XL 4.2 V6, 5- speed 3.55 axle, with XLT interior. TX/OK package. Reliability - one of the best vehicles I've owned. Never had a breakdown, only real repair was replacement of turn signal switch. Good power for a 6 cylinder, have towed way more than recommended limit for short distances. Only complaint is fuel economy (lack of). 15-16 MPG in urban driving, 20 on highway cruise at interstate speed. Owned two Chevy p/u's before, this F150 is better truck by far for a work vehicle/tough truck. Chevy's were more confortable, more economical to drive. Gonna miss the old ford when it goes to a new owner shortly. First Ford, was great choice!

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By Sam on 06/16/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used; it was four years old then, and now I've had it four years. I've done nothing but routine inspections and change the oil and filters regularly. It has never been to the shop for anything. Even the battery lasted eight years. Only 75k miles on it, but this truck has been nothing but a joy to own. I will never ever consider buying a Chevy again.

my f150
By gdc on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

over 100k , the truck has required regular maintenance only. Has never left me on the side of the rode.

excellent truck!
By nascar98 on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1998 NASCAR edition new, after 3 1/2 years all I have replaced is the temp control knob. This is the best built truck I have ever owned