1997 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: I Love It

1997 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL Extended Cab Pickup (4.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual)

I Love It
By Tom Gapch on

1997 Ford F-150 XL 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I've had it for 8 years with nothing but normal maintenence. When it comes time to sell, I plan on getting the same truck with the same features. It handles great in all types of weather, and here in NJ we get all types of weather. It's been reliable, and we've used it for 7 trips down to Tuscaloosa, AL. (998 miles) with no problems. I have severe back problems, but because of the lumbar support captain chairs, I have not had to stop to get out of the vehicle to stretch. In fact, the only time we stop is for gas (about every 5 hours). I'm 6' 4", and cannot fit into a lot of vehicles. There's plenty of room to fit 4 people in the back, even with my seat back.

6 disc CD player.

I would suggest two things. 1. Have the 6 disc CD changer mounted in the dash rather than in the back. 2. Switch the seating arrangement of the 60-40 bench seating in the extra cab to 40-60. This would allow a third person to sit next to the third door with more storage space.