1997 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: ford tough

1997 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat Extended Cab Pickup (4.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual)

ford tough
By Schidler on

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I LOVE MY TRUCK. I bought it used with 79,000 mile on it, it now has 113,000 and I have not had 1 problem. I keep the oil changed and have a K&N filter on it. The only thing I would change is the center console does not lock in the down position. I call it my coffee launcher. If you have a drink in the center console and lean too much on the back of it, it launches the drink all over the back seat. I here they corrected this problem in the later models. I also wish that I had bought the model with the 5.4 liter engine. the 4.6 seems to be a bit weak for the gas mileage that I get (around 12mpg).

Favorite Features

I think what I like about the truck the most is the way it looks. It's sharp, but yet mean all at the same time. the interior is very comfortible and layed nicely.

Suggested Improvements

I do wish that I had an OH SH!T handle on the drivers side as well as the passenger side. I noticed that the newer ones do have this. And the center console does need to lock in the down position to keep from launching stuff. MORE POWER IS ALWAY NICE!