1997 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
johns 97 f150 4 x 4 ford pickup
By john norcia@aol.com on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

bought this truck new, both torsion bars have broke tie rod went while i was driving it and i lost my steering.and transfer box had crack in it.i am going to trade it in for a tundra. this truck was not even beat on on only has 68,000miles on it.

Bullet Proof
By JF150 on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My brother is a "Chevy" man and he warned me about the Fix Or Repair Daily thing (FORD). Well, I have never owned a more reliable vehicle than this pickup. In 6 yrs & over 120K miles, I have had to change: thermostat gasket ($3), fan belt ($18), Battery ($50), tires ($300), look on my brother's face every time I mention it PRICELESS!!!!

Ilovemytruck
By jesse/rippinitup01 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

It runs good and is a great first truck!

Tough Truck
By at on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 XLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Our truck has never been in the shop except for routine maintenance. Vacation with the truck in Colorado and have been very impressed with its 4WD and going over very rough mountain passes. We live on a acreage and have used the truck to pull up trees, haul dirt, ect. (would of made a forign truck cry). Comfortable ride.

Truck that has had it all, and then some
By Marc Mendoza on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Having had this truck for almost 5 years, it still feels the same as when I drove it off the lot. It has taken me as far as central North America to upper Canada. Never having to warm it up in the winter, will always keep me running.

Ford F-150 SB Stepside
By Reggie Tommie on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Overall, I've been pleased with my truck. It's been reliable.

One wroking truck
By Marvin Mann on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

I would not trade my Ford for anything, and I sell trucks for a living, and I wish I had Ford on my lot.

Don's opinion
By dlbnfla on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best pickup ever built

Great truck!
By cfr7009 on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

I leased this pickup in 1999 when it was 2 years old with 22000 miles. One week after I brought it home it started to run poorly, spew fumes and smoke, after 3 visits to the dealer (each time telling me that it was the O2 sensor) they finally changed the ECU. It immediately started running perfectly and I have had no trouble since. Ther is little to no maintenance required. Just change the oil and put in gas. I liked it so much that I bought it outright at the end of the lease. I plan on keeping it until one of us kicks the bucket. Chances are I will go first!

MY F-150
By TONE on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

I like this f-150 more than the previous chey that I owned. This truck is excellent in all catagories. The engine has plenty of torque. It never complained under a heavy load or accerlation. My Chevy clattered under the same conditions even buring more expensive super unlead. My F-150 runs just fine on regular ulead.