1997 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best vehicle I've owned
By Allan on 03/15/05 18:00 PM (PST)

1997 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Other than my heater core going out and the blender-door motor breaking, this truck has been the most reliable and comfortable vehicle I have driven. I must say it is one of Ford's best vehicles ever made. Fuel economy is a downside, but with a K & N air filter and fiberglass tonneau cover, I get 25 mpg on the highway and 16 in the city. If you want a truck, get an F-150.

My 1st Truck
By 04 Desmo on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Never thought about getting a truck, but an implulse buy made me glad I did. It has moved me 3 times over the last 3 years. This thing is very reliable, and for 115000 miles still work like a charm. The 4.2 V6 w/ 5sp has a bit of get-up and is fantastic on the highway. Great control location, and the interior design is highly functional and comfy. Exterior design is OK. Residual is alright for a 1997, but I have no plans in selling it. I'm trying to put in a CD player, but the 1997 stereo is unique, and I can't find one!

1997 fORD PU
By Tito on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The Ford PU is a very good truck for the person who does not desire to have a lot of bed space,, I use mine primarily to go back and forth to work for a total of 28 miles per day 5 days per week. The mileage is about 15 miles per gallon with the automatic that I have