Used 1997 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Miss Mexico
By missmexico

1997 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

(xlt 2wd flare side 4.6 v8 4sp automatic ) Bought new in 97; love her. Did have problem with a blockage in oil pan that caused the engine to lock up around 90k mi. (factory fluke) Ford was a dick about it, but has still been good truck. She has had her share of small problem from parts breaking from old age. The transmission sucks and has now power in 2nd and I wish I could change that, but still going with around 200000 miles on her. Truck gets around 14.5 in city and 17.5 on highway. She got rear ended on may 8th, totaled, or I would driver her into the ground. Not a fan of the gas mileage, but would take her over another truck.

This truck was well thought out from interior to outside. great looking. comfortable. reliable.

Needs more get up and go. better six speed trany. better rear end. and could use some better gas mileage, but she gets better mpgs that my buddies trucks.

a truck that ca ntake a beating but keep on ticking
By jbscrappy

1997 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

i got the 1997 ford f-150 with the 5.4 V-8 with a milage meter on in it that has rolled over twice and now sitting at over 290 thousand been threw hell an back but still keeps on goin with only a new belts a battery alternator regular oil changes an trans fluid this truck is one of the best trucks on the road to date even with it's flaws due to being old and high milage

being a guy my fave is the 4x4 drive and the towing

300, 000 miles little work
By arobe

1997 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought my truck in 2000 w/ 54,000 miles on it. I just broke 300,000 miles with maintenance consisting of oil changes, brakes, heater core, basically a new front end, starter, and alternator. I had an 86 f150 prior, thought it was the best truck ever. i was wrong this one was. the sad part of the story is the motor just locked up on me. However, i will either put in a new one or buy another 1997 with 100 or so thousand miles. can't say enough good things about this truck! it may be 15 years old, but if u can get ur hands on one for a decent price, run with it. Born and raised a ford man

F150 Can't go wrong!
By Michigan trucker

1997 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my F150 with just under 100,000 miles on it it now has 126,000. No problems to report. This truck is the nicest one i have owned. I always buy used and have been wrong in my choice a couple of times. This purchase was not one of them. The style and motor/transmission combo is great. the interior is well designed with room to spare. Seating is big like you would expect in a truck but it is also comfortable. The rear bench is has good leg room but really its not where any adult wants to sit for a long trip but it is prefect for the kids or the dog. I would highly suggest a F150 with this motor its is excellent. No rust after all these years!

Motor Transmission combo it unbeatable Interior Space it's a huge cab,

Junk!
By jeff

1997 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 3dr Extended Cab LB

Motor had radiator fluid in the vents, Walker Ford completely finished off the motor trying to fix it! I drove it in and had to tow the truck out!

the favorite feature is that i traded this junker in on a toyota truck,i love the toyota so much,i also traded my wife's gran am for a corrola, happy ever after!

close walker ford,and the punk walker in charge of the service department