1997 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By srr7sk8r on 05/08/07 22:25 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is now 10 years old and I have owned it for 3 years. It is still reliable everyday and beats the style of the new F-150's by far. The Tritin V8 delivers 210hp and the lariat towing package is a class 3 so i have never had any problems towing anything. Plent of room for up to 6 in the cabin, unlike most tundras. F-150 is all around great american truck, wish they still made them like this. Only improvement would be gas mileage.

I love my F-150
By zach bereiter on 12/13/05 00:19 AM (PST)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

I've owned my F-150 for about nine months now and haven't been happier! Sure its not the most flashy, but it is a solid truck. It has 107,000 miles on it and it hasn't had any problems so far; well except for the time a drunk person hit me. There are a few things I would change, like the overall fit and finish is poor, and who doesn't like more power? The highs are the handling and the "truck feel" it has, you know you're in a truck. Overall though I love this truck!

Tough FORD
By srr7sk8r on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

F-150's are the greatest trucks out there. Haven't had any problems and no complaints. Built tough.

Reliable Lariart
By Lhr Vati on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was an excelent purchase. I've never had a single issue with it and it has been a reliable workhorse.

Crazy about my '97 Ford truck!
By badsmoke on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

100,000 miles and the truck hasn't left me walking. Excellent ride and styling, good performance. Replaced pittman arm and control arm bushings-both got noisy, idle air control valve, battery just recently. Nothing else but normal maintenance and tires.

Ilovemytruck
By jesse/rippinitup01 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

It runs good and is a great first truck!

Don's opinion
By dlbnfla on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best pickup ever built

Great truck!
By cfr7009 on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

I leased this pickup in 1999 when it was 2 years old with 22000 miles. One week after I brought it home it started to run poorly, spew fumes and smoke, after 3 visits to the dealer (each time telling me that it was the O2 sensor) they finally changed the ECU. It immediately started running perfectly and I have had no trouble since. Ther is little to no maintenance required. Just change the oil and put in gas. I liked it so much that I bought it outright at the end of the lease. I plan on keeping it until one of us kicks the bucket. Chances are I will go first!

MY F-150
By TONE on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

I like this f-150 more than the previous chey that I owned. This truck is excellent in all catagories. The engine has plenty of torque. It never complained under a heavy load or accerlation. My Chevy clattered under the same conditions even buring more expensive super unlead. My F-150 runs just fine on regular ulead.

Great Truck
By NPLM on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-150 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

My F150 is a '97 Ext. cab SB Lariat (exactly like the one in the photo section of this site) with 76,000 miles. It is a great riding truck with plenty of power from the 5.4L V8. It is smooth as glass on the highway. I've noticed that the ride actually improves when adding load or towing. Interior design is elegant as well as user friendly, and the build quality is top notch, with little wind noise or rattles. Has had no problems since new. My only complaint is the 5.4L engine is thirsty, getting an average of around 15-16 MPG,(city driving). I would recommend the 4.6L unless you really need the extra power. Overall great truck.