Used 1997 Ford F-150 XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best vehicle I've owned
By Allan

1997 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Other than my heater core going out and the blender-door motor breaking, this truck has been the most reliable and comfortable vehicle I have driven. I must say it is one of Ford's best vehicles ever made. Fuel economy is a downside, but with a K & N air filter and fiberglass tonneau cover, I get 25 mpg on the highway and 16 in the city. If you want a truck, get an F-150.

The nice sound of the engine, the comfort, and the smooth ride.

I know the technology is out there to improve the fuel economy of a vehicle this size. Also, some features should not have been electronic, such as the knob that controls the blender door determining the temperature of the air blowing out the vents.

My 1st Truck
By 04 Desmo

1997 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Never thought about getting a truck, but an implulse buy made me glad I did. It has moved me 3 times over the last 3 years. This thing is very reliable, and for 115000 miles still work like a charm. The 4.2 V6 w/ 5sp has a bit of get-up and is fantastic on the highway. Great control location, and the interior design is highly functional and comfy. Exterior design is OK. Residual is alright for a 1997, but I have no plans in selling it. I'm trying to put in a CD player, but the 1997 stereo is unique, and I can't find one!

A boatload of crap or a weeks worth of groceries fit behind the front seat.

Hmmm-instrument cluster has dual fuel filler door indicators (i'm not quite THAT slow) and a cruise control indicator that isn't even functional on the F-150 (for use in the expedition???)

1997 fORD PU
By Tito

1997 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The Ford PU is a very good truck for the person who does not desire to have a lot of bed space,, I use mine primarily to go back and forth to work for a total of 28 miles per day 5 days per week. The mileage is about 15 miles per gallon with the automatic that I have

I THINK THAT THE MILEASGE COULD BE IMPROVED TO ABOUT 17 WITH A FEW MINOR ADJUSTMENTS AT THE FACTORY