Used 1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

A real keeper of a pickup
By Saganashkee

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought this standard 2 door 8 ft bed 1996 F150 in 2000 just because I wanted a pickup. Since then I lived in rural IL south of Kankakee for 2 years and rural SE Georgia the last 7 years. It had 21k on it when I bought it and its pushing 95k now. The only problem is a worthless maintenance idiot light on the speedometer that turns itself on and off at will and tires that tend to go flat when a nail or railroad spike gos into one of them. Hey, I can deal with that! Without a doubt best and most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned. I fully expect to be still driving it in 2017!

Ease of maintenance and outstanding reliability. I don't see how it could be any better.

Don't change a thing!

1996 F150 XLT Standard Cab SB
By MIke Sauve

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been in my family since it was built in October of 95. Since then we have had NO breakdowns that we couldn't drive away from. We had one bad fuel pump, a bad vacuum sensor and the abs brakes went out. But we drove away from all of them because we have dual tanks. The vacuum sensor didnít do anything except turn the check engine light on. The abs doesnít works but you still have brakes, they just don't pulsate.

The exterior style. I love the tough boxy look and this was the last year that they had it.

Nicer sounding exhaust. I like the rumble.

Great Truck
By kryke1

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Special 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a great truck. I use it for hauling horse trailers and construction. It is great for going up hills and for 4WD. With a few extras it has great handling and speed.

I just got the simple version. But it has everything I need!

A little more cab room would be great, but other than that it is ideal.

My 9 year review
By Mike

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I ordered this truck in March of 96. I've been the only owner since. It has been a great truck for me for the past nine years. I've only put 2 sets of tires,1 set of brakes, 1 battery and 1 exhaust system on her. I'm getting ready to turn 100K miles soon. I highly recommend this year Ford truck to anyone.

5.0, 302 engine, shortbed, power, pacific green color, and the looks of the last of this model.

Ford has improved the tracking system on this model, it needed it. Also the only thing that ever drove me crazy about this truck was the fact the windshield wipers would not flip up -- the newer ones do.

Not bad for a 25 year old design
By KKear

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab LB

Have mine since new,-8 years. Fair gas milage with 300 and 5 speed at around 15 MPG. I hear a 351 V8 gets that. Still rides very smooth but handles sloppy, but then it's design dates back to 1967. Front end alignment aside, very few problems and it never left me sit. Entire truck holding up well in spite of my abuse-I actually use the thing like a pickup truck! Won't buy a new F150 because high bidy sides and non- removeable gate, Guess i'll but a F250!

Two tone paint still gets compliments! Removeable tailgate, luxury car ride, ice cold AC, comfortable seats, long wearing fabric with E.B. package. Not rusting anywhere!

It's and old school truck, any change would ruin it! come to think of it, thats what they did with the 2005 models!