1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
A real keeper of a pickup
By Saganashkee on 11/22/07 19:39 PM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought this standard 2 door 8 ft bed 1996 F150 in 2000 just because I wanted a pickup. Since then I lived in rural IL south of Kankakee for 2 years and rural SE Georgia the last 7 years. It had 21k on it when I bought it and its pushing 95k now. The only problem is a worthless maintenance idiot light on the speedometer that turns itself on and off at will and tires that tend to go flat when a nail or railroad spike gos into one of them. Hey, I can deal with that! Without a doubt best and most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned. I fully expect to be still driving it in 2017!

1996 F150 XLT Standard Cab SB
By MIke Sauve on 02/23/06 07:14 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been in my family since it was built in October of 95. Since then we have had NO breakdowns that we couldn't drive away from. We had one bad fuel pump, a bad vacuum sensor and the abs brakes went out. But we drove away from all of them because we have dual tanks. The vacuum sensor didn’t do anything except turn the check engine light on. The abs doesn’t works but you still have brakes, they just don't pulsate.

Great Truck
By kryke1 on 01/19/06 12:32 PM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Special 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a great truck. I use it for hauling horse trailers and construction. It is great for going up hills and for 4WD. With a few extras it has great handling and speed.

My 9 year review
By Mike on 08/09/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I ordered this truck in March of 96. I've been the only owner since. It has been a great truck for me for the past nine years. I've only put 2 sets of tires,1 set of brakes, 1 battery and 1 exhaust system on her. I'm getting ready to turn 100K miles soon. I highly recommend this year Ford truck to anyone.

Not bad for a 25 year old design
By KKear on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab LB

Have mine since new,-8 years. Fair gas milage with 300 and 5 speed at around 15 MPG. I hear a 351 V8 gets that. Still rides very smooth but handles sloppy, but then it's design dates back to 1967. Front end alignment aside, very few problems and it never left me sit. Entire truck holding up well in spite of my abuse-I actually use the thing like a pickup truck! Won't buy a new F150 because high bidy sides and non- removeable gate, Guess i'll but a F250!

Good Truck
By Justan on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Rides nice, mine is a 300 6, 5-Speed, decent power, not so good gas milage at the moment.. other than that sweet truck

Great truck!
By wcga12 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck since new and it is my first ford truck. I owned a GMC before this one. I use it like a truck is supposed to be used and have no complaints. It pulls with the 5.0L and auto just fine. It is the best looking truck made PERIOD. Chevy & Dodge don't come close to the styling.

4x4
By Eric Wynes on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Very strong running and well built truck. Great towing and hauling capacity.

Damn good truck
By Jeff Batten on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I was a chevy man for years and hated Fords because I had a 86 ranger4x4 that was pure junk. I wanted a dodge ram but couldnt afford one so I bought a 96 F-150 xlt 4x4. I love it. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It rides excellent for a 4x4. I have the 5.0 v8 and it has plenty of pulling power. I have a race car that I tow to the local track and can run 70 mph down the highway with no problem. The truck had 50000 miles on it when I purchased it and now has 102000. The only problem I have had is the automatic hubs had to be replaced due to NAGS HEAD sand.I will not own another truck unless it is a Ford F- 150.

My Ford
By aires1942 on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Beware of fuel pump and fuel tank roll over valve replacements, very expensive (have to drop tanks). Standard 351 V-8 with 195 HP has little real towing power and sucks lots of gas.