Used 1996 Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Been a great truck so far
By mizzou

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck with 106; 000 miles on it. It has 147,000 now, it's never left me stranded and has always run well. The only parts I replaced was a belt tensioner, radius arm bushings {only one was bad, but replaced both anyway} and ball joints just recently. I love the way it handles looks and drives. The fuel mpg could be better but I figure I make up for that with the reliability of the truck.

Favorite Features

i would have to say the 5.0 , i've had many people tell me these motors will run 200 or 300 k if not more. i love the design too. the last year they made them like that. i also like how the short bed handles with the shorter wheel base.

Suggested Improvements

i cant think of anything other than fuel mileage but it's a full sized truck so i guess it's about right all things considered. i get about 12-14 around town and 17-18 highway. not bad considering it's 14 years old and mileage is pretty close to the year the car was made.

1996 F150 XLT Standard Cab SB
By MIke Sauve

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been in my family since it was built in October of 95. Since then we have had NO breakdowns that we couldn't drive away from. We had one bad fuel pump, a bad vacuum sensor and the abs brakes went out. But we drove away from all of them because we have dual tanks. The vacuum sensor didnít do anything except turn the check engine light on. The abs doesnít works but you still have brakes, they just don't pulsate.

Favorite Features

The exterior style. I love the tough boxy look and this was the last year that they had it.

Suggested Improvements

Nicer sounding exhaust. I like the rumble.

Great truck!
By wcga12

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck since new and it is my first ford truck. I owned a GMC before this one. I use it like a truck is supposed to be used and have no complaints. It pulls with the 5.0L and auto just fine. It is the best looking truck made PERIOD. Chevy & Dodge don't come close to the styling.

Favorite Features

Vent windows, interior design & steering wheel are good looking

Suggested Improvements

Let's try to get some more miles out of a gallon of gas. I know Ford can do it.

1996 ford 150 sb
By rkw

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

truck has been completely reliable, looks good, but lack of control over seat back angle makes it uncomfortable for long drives even though it has an adjustable lumbar support

Favorite Features

looks like a truck should look

Suggested Improvements

better seat and should have had better towing capacity