1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
solid and steady
By raindogsteve on 05/05/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Got this truck with numerous minor problems but with an excellent engine compartment. Started first time at dealership. Fixed power windows, AC, and gave it a tune up (first one in 14 years!). The 302 V8 is bulletproof and truck sounds like a beast! A great, time tested truck!

Been a great truck so far
By mizzou on 03/22/10 21:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck with 106; 000 miles on it. It has 147,000 now, it's never left me stranded and has always run well. The only parts I replaced was a belt tensioner, radius arm bushings {only one was bad, but replaced both anyway} and ball joints just recently. I love the way it handles looks and drives. The fuel mpg could be better but I figure I make up for that with the reliability of the truck.

Ol' Grey
By Little John on 03/07/10 11:14 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Best truck I have ever owned! Ol' Grey has 250,876 on the OD now and I expect another 200,000 easy. The only thing I have replaced is a radiator, shocks and tires several times and tune ups. He has a Straight 6, 4.9 L and man. tranny. If you have a chance to pick one of these up get it, that 6 will out preform a v-8 any day of the week and still deliver 15mpg city and 18 mpg hwy every time!

Beast
By MegaWolf2010 on 01/13/10 20:44 PM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck as my first truck in 2009. Has a straight V6 in it with a 4.5 L engine. bought it with 150,000 miles on it. I added two 10" speakers behind the single cap bench seat and still had enough room. Was really surprised because i am a Big Guy. I also added a 2 in lift to the back of the truck. Doing this added 2 extra MPG. ( with tailgate up ) GREAT truck. Perfect Turn radius with 1:1 turn ratio. Once you drive this truck you will wonder why they made new ones.

Ford Tough
By Darrell on 12/10/09 12:31 PM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck with 100,011 miles on it. It now has 254,433 miles on it and all i have had to do is replace the battery, torque converter, alternator, shifter inner guts and thats it. Still runs like new, uses no oil, leaks nothing. Not so fond of fuel mileage but hey its a 96 model. Looks like new when cleaned up. Drives better than my son's 05 Dodge ram. I will drive it until the wheels fall off, and even then may put them back on and keep driving it.

Best Truck Ever Owned
By SemperFi_10 on 09/03/09 11:13 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck back in May. It had 162,000 miles on it. I have drove this truck all over the place, and occasionally take it mudding with friends, even though I don't have 4WD. It is the most reliable vehicle I have owned yet and it rides and performs in all aspects just like it came off the line that day. Hands down, I couldn't have asked for a better truck for $750!

been a good truck
By like my ford on 04/21/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This has been a good, strong, reliable truck. Wish i could have found an extended cab for the same price but i am satisfied with the reg. cab. I have warn lockers and prefer them to auto locks. Body style is one of the best Ford has had. 5.8l is strong but only get about 13mpg, and the valves rattle if i don't burn Premium. Two mechanics have been through it and say theres nothing wrong with it. 161,000 miles and am not afraid to go any where in it.

Ford F-150 4.9 Long Bed
By Elidefoe on 01/06/09 22:27 PM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought this truck with 208000 miles and had just had the clutch replaced. Put a new battery and starter, did a tune up and this truck always starts and never lets me down. With over 222000 miles now no problems and expect this truck to last me 5 more years. Best 1500 dollars I have ever spent on a car.

Dodge man gone Ford
By patrick on 03/01/08 06:38 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I got my truck for $2000 two years ago. Tows my 32ft travel trailer like a dream. Rides nice. Strong, fast & comfy. Couldn't be happier

1996 Eddie f-150
By 96 eddie bauer on 11/29/07 11:30 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab LB

Great truck! 5.8 gets 16 mpg city & 20 hwy. 135,000 miles in michigan & no rust. The blue w/gold eddie bauer looks and rides like new still. I can't say anything bad about this truck