1996 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Been a great truck so far
By mizzou on 03/22/10 21:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck with 106; 000 miles on it. It has 147,000 now, it's never left me stranded and has always run well. The only parts I replaced was a belt tensioner, radius arm bushings {only one was bad, but replaced both anyway} and ball joints just recently. I love the way it handles looks and drives. The fuel mpg could be better but I figure I make up for that with the reliability of the truck.

1996 F150 XLT Standard Cab SB
By MIke Sauve on 02/23/06 07:14 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been in my family since it was built in October of 95. Since then we have had NO breakdowns that we couldn't drive away from. We had one bad fuel pump, a bad vacuum sensor and the abs brakes went out. But we drove away from all of them because we have dual tanks. The vacuum sensor didnít do anything except turn the check engine light on. The abs doesnít works but you still have brakes, they just don't pulsate.

Great truck!
By wcga12 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck since new and it is my first ford truck. I owned a GMC before this one. I use it like a truck is supposed to be used and have no complaints. It pulls with the 5.0L and auto just fine. It is the best looking truck made PERIOD. Chevy & Dodge don't come close to the styling.

1996 ford 150 sb
By rkw on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

truck has been completely reliable, looks good, but lack of control over seat back angle makes it uncomfortable for long drives even though it has an adjustable lumbar support