1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
RELIABLE TRUCK
By TIMMAN on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

EXCELLENT TRUCK!. I HAVE A 4.9 STRAIGHT SIX WITH A 5 SPEED. THE ONLY FUSS IS REGARDING THE PLASTIC COMPONENTS USED IN THE HYDRAULIC CLUTCH SYSTEM. THE PLUNGER ROD THAT CONNECTS TO THE MASTER CYLINDER IS MADE OF PLASTIC. IT IS HELD IN PLACE WITH A PLASTIC BUSHING THAT WEARS OUT EVERY 30,000 MILES. THESE TWO CHEAP COMPONENTS CAUSE CLUTCH LOSS MORE OFTEN THAN ANY TRUCK OWNER WOULD EXPECT, HOWEVER THE PROBLEM IS EASY TO FIX. JUST TAKE THE PLUNGER ROD OUT OF THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER AND HAVE YOUR LOCAL MACHINE SHOP MAKE YOU ONE OUT OF STEEL. PROBLEM SOLVED. NOW YOU HAVE A BULLETPROOF 300,000 MILE TRUCK.

Head Turner
By Marion on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My F150 is a head turner. It is a two- tone maroon and gray XLT. With raised white letter tires and chrome wheels; I have received a lot of comments on how good it looks. I am the third owner of this beauty. It is quite obvious that the previous owners babied this truck. It is almost perfect. My truck has a 5.8 L., automatic, 4X4,and of course it is hard on gas. But after reading some of the reviews about those who have 6 cylinders...I am getting about the same mileage...maybe a little less...but I have the pulling power I want.

real solid truck
By chrisky on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

sharp truck, mine is bright red with tinted windows. fun to drive, given me no trouble.

LOVE OUR F-150!!
By DAVE on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

BOUGHT THE TRUCK FROM 2ND OWNER WITH 48,000 MILES, HAS THE 5SPD MANUAL TRANS 4.9 6CYL. ,GOES ANYWHERE IN 4WD !! SUPER SHARP GET LOTS OF COMMENTS ON APPEARANCE,BUT OUR BIGGEST GRIPE IS FUEL MILEAGE!!! 15 MPG IS THE BEST I HAVE GOTTEN!!I EVEN PUT MANUAL HUBS IN, NO CHANGE.ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! MIGHT HAVE IT PUT ON COMPUTER?

Old Fashioned Pickup
By marky2 on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought mine new in 1995 and it still looks as good today as it did when new. I still get a lot of compliments on it. Strong runner but some things happened to it that I didn't expect: oil pan rusted out (fixed under warranty), rear axle seal leaked, power steering hoses started leaking. Otherwise, it's been a great truck and just as comfortable as you could want. (still has the original battery and exhaust system). As one saleman said to me when he looked it over: "it's a keeper".

So So...not the greatest
By mc64dart on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Not the best truck I have ever owned, but it is not the worst. It does guzzle gas, but it runs like a top.

Floyd F-150
By Floyd on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

For an inexpensive vehicle this one has performed well, over 200,000 miles with an inline 6. A/C has never quit, easy to maintain. Manual Tranmission however does not allow for quick accelaration.

Works Fine
By dgkevbo on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have a 4.9L I-6 that is reliable albeit with low power. Vehicle still looks good, runs well and has had no major problems.

My F-150
By mmsteve on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

The only complaint I have is that the oil pan rusted out and I had to replace it. Other than that, the truck is great!