Used 1995 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Good truck
By biekerman

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

We had this truck for 8 years and had only minor problems. 5.0 V8 delivers excellent overall power, but sacrifices fuel economy. No trouble when hauling 3/4 ton of rock and towing a 2 ton vehicle. I would recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

5.0 V8, towing and hauling capabilities, engine sound

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, a few screws keep falling out on interior panels, auto transmission shift from 3 to 4 is rough and inconsistent

Absolutely a great truck
By TB765

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I own a 1995 F-150 XLT 4X4 Flareside Extended Cab with 123,000 miles, and it is a great truck. The 5.0 V8 makes it a blast to drive, the fuel economy isnt really that bad, and 4WD in the winter makes it pretty much unstoppable. Nothing ever goes wrong with it, it never needs repairs. The only parts I've ever put on it were tires, a ball-joint, oil, and filters. I always get comments and compliments about the way it looks. If u ever need a good truck to haul something, an old F-150 is a great choice.

Favorite Features

Appearence. The 5.0 L V8 is very strong and can lay rubber if it wants to! Awesome in the winter. Nimble on the highway, yet can go off road.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive front seats. Nimbler around town handling. Fuel mileage could be somewhat better. Antilock brakes are definitely needed

My old F150
By Al

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck was either a lemon or a truck that had some really hard miles. I bought it used and it ended up needing a lot including, new starter, new clutch, new steering box, rebuilt rear end, new oil pan, new leaf springs and mounting brackets and it is rusting apart. Has only 98000 on it too.

Favorite Features

When it runs right it is a great truck. I like the overall design, dual fuel tanks, nice wheels, cloth seats give a nice ride

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to fix their bed design so there is less rust in the wheel wells. Rusting problems need looked at. A slower granny gear would be nice. Better fuel economy.

Never Liked Fords
By Dodge Man

1995 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this pickup from my buddy. he talked me into it, even though I never liked Fords. The pickup was babied. It is very fun to drive with the 351 with 2 1/4 inch dual straights, no cats, no mufflers. Very loud! I actaully liked it until I hit a puddle and got water in the air intake and cracked a piston. They are not water proof. Im a redneck so I got hunting and fishing in it all the time and I havent seen a prairie trail too rough for it. All in all its a pretty good pickup, never had any problems except for the piston, my fault. Has 179k miles on it, solid runner. And I prefer manual lockouts, just because theyre more reliable, 4x4 on the fly. Works good. I reccomend this pickup.

Favorite Features

Manual lockout hubs, power windows, power locks. AC is ice cold. Sound great with true dual straights.

Suggested Improvements

Make the hose that brings in dirty air go uphill instead of downhill. then I might not have drowned it.

Great ruck
By Paul

1995 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My f150 now has 213,500 miles on it and still runs strong. I think Ford's biggest mistake was getting rid of the 4.9l 300 i6. Doesn't do good on fuel, but the engine had plenty of pickup and plenty of pulling power. I put a flowmaster 40 on it and it sounds great.

Favorite Features

My flowmaster, my cb and 8.5 whip antenna. Nice truck

Suggested Improvements

None