1995 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 3

1995 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best truck ever
By matthew s on 06/22/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck in '98 with 69k miles on it. The only major repair I had done was new gears in the rear end. Everything else is original. Oh yeah, I had to replace the battery a couple times. I wish Ford would go back to this truck.195k miles and still truckin'.

I love my Ford F-150 Eddie Bower
By survior on 01/19/07 06:05 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab SB

The Ford F-150 Eddie Bower is awesome to drive. I had the lighting package added by the dealer. I love my truck and I will never sell it. I brought it brand new in twelve years and have done all maintenance regular service at every 3,800 miles. Replaced 3 serpentine belts, the front brake pads twice, two sets of tires, 3 batteries, 3 sets of wiper blades, 3 sets of spark plugs and wires and one universal joint (Ford mistake). They uprgraded it. One factory recall - cruise control was bad. Fixed last year for free by Ford.

Rio Rojo
By Steve S on 04/20/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I found out that eBay was the best source for finding this year model used truck. Consumer Reports reliability survey results indicated that Ford was ahead of Chevy and Dodge for 1/2 ton, full-size truck models from the mid-90s. Except for 3/4 ton plus trucks, crew cabs weren't the rage in the mid-90s but at least the extended cabs on full-size trucks can hold three kids (or three adults in a pinch).

still going......
By jrfan on 12/23/05 02:23 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is the best truck I have ever owned. I have 175,000 miles on it and it has the original transmission (w/ a shift kit), original engine (5.8L), and almost all original parts. This truck will still outrun my 97 Vortec 350 Z71 Chevrolet with ease. The only parts that I have replaced on this truck are the starter and the alternator. It still gets me to work and through anything I need to get through when I'm hunting. This truck should be the role model for all other trucks.

F150 XLT 4x4 S/C LB
By sr on 09/21/05 01:27 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I'm the 3rd owner w/ 130,000 miles on a 5.0 V8 and still going strong. Very dependable. Always starts, even in sub-zero Alaskan weather.

1995 F150 XL long bed
By Kevin Dean on 07/30/05 18:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is an excellent truck. This is my third summer using this truck for projects and it can haul just about anything. Gravel, rocks, bricks etc... I have hauled well over 1.5 tons of sand in this supposed 1/2 ton truck and other than sitting a little lower than usual, drives and accelerates just fine. 4.9 inline 6 cylinder isn't going to win any races, but is perfect for towing and hauling. The 4.9 motor tows a 5500lb trailer better than my friends F150 with the V8.

Good solid truck
By Gary on 04/14/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I am the third owner. Only had 55,000 miles when I bought it. It was babied by the two previous owners. Love this truck. Drives well and is fun to drive. I haul a popup with it and just throw the stuff we need in the bed and off we go. Moved furniture and hauled mulch with it.

Ford's best engine ever
By PaulR on 02/16/05 13:35 PM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

The long-stroke 4.9 liter six is the best engine (most durable and trouble free) Ford ever built. But, I must qualify that. It is durable and dependable, and it has tons of low-end torque. But, it hits its peak torque at only 2,000 RPM, so it has nothing left at the top end. It strains to go faster than 60-65 MPH. The truck is a typical Ford. Even though it only has 61,000 miles, lots of little things are popping up. Door handle hardware, door fit, vinyl upholstery wear, window knobs, EGR valve, interior trim panels, automatic locking hubs, all have broken. I think a truck should be more durable than that, but it probably is no worse than a Chevy or Dodge in that respect.

Stay away
By disappointed again on 11/13/04 13:02 PM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehicle has been parked or on a rack more than it has been driven. I have replaced the engine, trans, rear end, radiator, fuel pumps so far. I have tried to sell it three times in the Memphis area. Nobody is interested.

GOLD XLT STEPSIDE REG CAB
By 351 Venom on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Bought from orig. owner. Truck was babied. Took it to Ford dealer for oil change, and 3 mechanics begged me to sell it. Hope to convert it to older lightning truck later, but it's still nice now. Unusual fact gold color, tan interior, mint condition. I'll have it a long time. Had rear differential bearings replaced due to roaring, otherwis no problems- 110,000 miles so go figure. Luv it. Eric