Used 1995 Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Reliable and tough.
By mtnroad

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

1995 F150 Reg Cab, 4.9L 6cyl 8-foot-bed. Edmunds doesn't list auto trans. I'm 2nd owner, bought in 2012 w/ 117k now it has 170k. I've had it 3 yrs. No issues, power steering pump, and ac recharge. I added trans cooler. This truck is tough. It takes whatever I throw at it. I have towed some really heavy stuff. Trailers full of rock 5,000+ pounds, etc. A pallet of tile placed in the bed and the whole rear end was almost on the ground and the truck took it. I usually don't abuse cars but the truck is so tough I find myself pushing the limits all the time. I have towed cars hundreds of miles, etc. It was a sheriff truck before I got it - not maintained well. Best truck I've ever owned.

8-foot-bed. Auto trans with O/D and strong towing ability. The bed is not too high so it's easy to load and unload materials.

My truck is 20 years old not sure how they could improve it. I've heard the 90s model trucks were the best Ford ever built. If I could suggest anything it would be a buzzer if you leave the headlights on but I think they already did that on new models. This truck is perfect in every way.

Good truck
By biekerman

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

We had this truck for 8 years and had only minor problems. 5.0 V8 delivers excellent overall power, but sacrifices fuel economy. No trouble when hauling 3/4 ton of rock and towing a 2 ton vehicle. I would recommend this truck.

5.0 V8, towing and hauling capabilities, engine sound

Fuel economy, a few screws keep falling out on interior panels, auto transmission shift from 3 to 4 is rough and inconsistent