Used 1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love these old trucks!
By Jeff

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found a nearly mint 1995 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab, 4x4, with only 53,000 original, gentle, miles. This truck was owned by an older gentleman and was garaged most of its life. I could not find a rust spot on the body or frame (Under carriage appears to have been "Z-barted"....Only some of you will get that...). The engine and interior compartment are spotless. All the instruments and gauges still work. Although not my favorite color (white), I couldn't pass up this deal, $6,500.00 ! This is a bare-bones work truck, but I don't abuse it and use it as a gentle daily driver. I can afford a brand new Ford, but I'm not a lover of new vehicles; I like old technology. And although I would like a pick-up that is even older than this one, I have no complaints about this '95 Ford P/U. Because I didn't want to pass on this "all of a sudden; take it or leave it" deal, I did my research after the sale with my fingers crossed. I made a great choice. It has Ford's straight-line 6-cylinder and my research shows that this is one of the best motors Ford ever produced with some owners reporting 200 and 300, 000 miles with no major problems. I should get lots daily use with it only have 53,000 on it as it sits. I love these old trucks and the the security of all the steel that surrounds you when you're out on the road; you know you're in a truck! It would have also been a little more "manly" with a manual stick-shift instead of an automatic, but it shifts smoothly and has no hesitation when switching from drive to reverse or vice versa. I think I'll hold on to this old girl for a while and see how far see takes me.... :)

when they say ford tough they mean it!
By gee

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab SB

i drive 1995 f150 automatic 302ci small block ford AKA 5.0 with 226,000 miles. The shifting is hard if you stomp it but other then that it smooth.i have the Eddie Bauer edition body style its nice i just wish i would know what color it is because in different lights its different colors.the engine is one of fords best engine they have ever built no problems had to replace the radiator couple pulls brakes and change oil.i like how it sits cause the back end way higher then the front but i think ford made them like that back then for towing and load capacity . the interior is nice its hard to find one without have the dash cracked but luckily mine wasn't the seats are really comfortable however it had a couple coffee stains but other then that it is a tough rugged truck to bad they don't make them like they use too.

Reliable and tough.
By mtnroad

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

1995 F150 Reg Cab, 4.9L 6cyl 8-foot-bed. Edmunds doesn't list auto trans. I'm 2nd owner, bought in 2012 w/ 117k now it has 170k. I've had it 3 yrs. No issues, power steering pump, and ac recharge. I added trans cooler. This truck is tough. It takes whatever I throw at it. I have towed some really heavy stuff. Trailers full of rock 5,000+ pounds, etc. A pallet of tile placed in the bed and the whole rear end was almost on the ground and the truck took it. I usually don't abuse cars but the truck is so tough I find myself pushing the limits all the time. I have towed cars hundreds of miles, etc. It was a sheriff truck before I got it - not maintained well. Best truck I've ever owned.

8-foot-bed. Auto trans with O/D and strong towing ability. The bed is not too high so it's easy to load and unload materials.

My truck is 20 years old not sure how they could improve it. I've heard the 90s model trucks were the best Ford ever built. If I could suggest anything it would be a buzzer if you leave the headlights on but I think they already did that on new models. This truck is perfect in every way.

Ford Tough
By nightfrog65

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Owned a 1995 F-150 XL Regular Cab Short Bed with the 5.0 V8 and 5-speed manual transmission.

Pros:
The truck was fun to drive with the 5 speed.
Did occasional hauling/towing, but not every day.

Body style:
I love the boxy body style and simple interior.
I was lucky enough to find one without power windows or door locks.
The only real upgrades to the interior were a cloth bench seat (instead of vinyl) and cruise control. I added $75 aftermarket CD player/radio after buying.

Cons:
Stock 5.0 V8 was a bit under-powered and thirsty-averaged 10-15 mpg.

Weak link was the 5-speed
tranny-Ford used the same tranny used on the 4/6 cyl Ranger.
The F-250 got the heavy duty version, although a limited number of F-150's came with the heavy duty version in 1995 (I was not lucky enough to get one of these :( ) Went through 2 clutch replacements in 80K miles. That being said, I still would buy an F-150 with a manual (if available) over an automatic transmission.

1995 ford f150 XL
By Viking67

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Just bought this a few months ago and am really surprised at the power of this 6 cylinder Not really cheap on gas but get me to wear I want to go. Mileage in the 340,000 km and Burns no oil. So pleased.

4X4