1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford Tough
By nightfrog65 on 04/08/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Owned a 1995 F-150 XL Regular Cab Short Bed with the 5.0 V8 and 5-speed manual transmission. Pros: The truck was fun to drive with the 5 speed. Did occasional hauling/towing, but not every day. Body style: I love the boxy body style and simple interior. I was lucky enough to find one without power windows or door locks. The only real upgrades to the interior were a cloth bench seat (instead of vinyl) and cruise control. Cons: Stock 5.0 V8 was a bit under-powered and thirsty-averaged 10-15 mpg. Weak link was the 5-speed tranny-Ford used the same tranny used on the 4/6 cyl Ranger. The F-250 got the heavy duty version. Went through 2 clutch replacements in 80K miles.

1995 ford f150 XL
By Viking67 on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Just bought this a few months ago and am really surprised at the power of this 6 cylinder Not really cheap on gas but get me to wear I want to go. Mileage in the 340,000 km and Burns no oil. So pleased.

Built Ford Tough
By Tom on 09/05/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Special 2dr Regular Cab LB

I am the second owner and bought my F150 in 1999 with about 90000 miles and it now has 197000. It is basic on the inside but the exterior has true eye appeal with a rugged look yet clean and classy. The truck is Black with Charcoal lower panel. It is a V8 with standard 5 speed transmission. I always receive complements on its appearance. I was hearing a roar in either the transmission or rear end and had decided to sell. After checking prices on newer models and restored older models a light went off. Since I like this truck and there have not been any real issues why not invest in something I already know. I decided 2 or $3000 in this workhorse will get me another 10 yrs. GREAT TRUCK !!

darn good truck
By theredflash on 08/05/09 17:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I got the truck for free from my uncle he bought it in 1995 for 16,000. Had it overhauled at 186,000 miles. I myself have done the balljoints, brakes, regular tune ups and all that stuff. So far the best truck I have ever owned, the straight six is probably the best motor around. I was 16 when I got the truck and was very hard on it! 2 feet of mud, no lift, and still made it through, has pulled out plenty of people stuck in ditches, and mud roads. Won best old beater when I graduated high school. Candy Apple red and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Kind of a suprise
By Rachel on 07/08/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I am in no means a truck person. I only bought it because I was moving somewhere that is would be a good vehicle to have. I really wasn't expecting it to last 10 minutes, ha. But, here we are over 1 year later and the thing runs fantastic. I paid $1500 bucks for it with 128,000 miles on it, and everything works perfectly. The only problem i noticed is that if you try to speed up too fast...the transmission will jump a little. ha But, it is by no means a sports car...so you don't need to be doing that anyway.

My poor poor bed :(
By Katore on 04/19/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The XLT is definitely worth the extra few bucks but I am thoroughly disappointed with the longevity of the bed and front quarter panel in regards to the rust factor. Fords knows for rusting out, the bed body in particular is not the best of design. outside of that, the auto lock in hubs are amazing, the loaded cab is excellent, and the engine and drive train reliability all get high ratings in my book. 5 speed auto transmission would be nice however. For those of you who seem to be confused as to what 1/2 ton means, it is not the towing capacity but the weight of the trucks frame directly relating the strength of the frame to how bad you can beat on it by its weight and thickness of metal.

Good truck
By biekerman on 10/27/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

We had this truck for 8 years and had only minor problems. 5.0 V8 delivers excellent overall power, but sacrifices fuel economy. No trouble when hauling 3/4 ton of rock and towing a 2 ton vehicle. I would recommend this truck.

My old F150
By Al on 06/29/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck was either a lemon or a truck that had some really hard miles. I bought it used and it ended up needing a lot including, new starter, new clutch, new steering box, rebuilt rear end, new oil pan, new leaf springs and mounting brackets and it is rusting apart. Has only 98000 on it too.

Great ruck
By Paul on 04/25/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My f150 now has 213,500 miles on it and still runs strong. I think Ford's biggest mistake was getting rid of the 4.9l 300 i6. Doesn't do good on fuel, but the engine had plenty of pickup and plenty of pulling power. I put a flowmaster 40 on it and it sounds great.

Good ole blackie
By rudyt on 10/15/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice pickup. Runs perfect. Only had minor issues except for the last one which no mechanic has yet to diagnose. Fuel efficient 6cyl engine. Very strong motor when hauling or towing.