Used 1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Reliable and tough.
By mtnroad

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

1995 F150 Reg Cab, 4.9L 6cyl 8-foot-bed. Edmunds doesn't list auto trans. I'm 2nd owner, bought in 2012 w/ 117k now it has 170k. I've had it 3 yrs. No issues, power steering pump, and ac recharge. I added trans cooler. This truck is tough. It takes whatever I throw at it. I have towed some really heavy stuff. Trailers full of rock 5,000+ pounds, etc. A pallet of tile placed in the bed and the whole rear end was almost on the ground and the truck took it. I usually don't abuse cars but the truck is so tough I find myself pushing the limits all the time. I have towed cars hundreds of miles, etc. It was a sheriff truck before I got it - not maintained well. Best truck I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

8-foot-bed. Auto trans with O/D and strong towing ability. The bed is not too high so it's easy to load and unload materials.

Suggested Improvements

My truck is 20 years old not sure how they could improve it. I've heard the 90s model trucks were the best Ford ever built. If I could suggest anything it would be a buzzer if you leave the headlights on but I think they already did that on new models. This truck is perfect in every way.

Ford Tough
By nightfrog65

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Owned a 1995 F-150 XL Regular Cab Short Bed with the 5.0 V8 and 5-speed manual transmission. Pros: The truck was fun to drive with the 5 speed. Did occasional hauling/towing, but not every day. Body style: I love the boxy body style and simple interior. I was lucky enough to find one without power windows or door locks. The only real upgrades to the interior were a cloth bench seat (instead of vinyl) and cruise control. Cons: Stock 5.0 V8 was a bit under-powered and thirsty-averaged 10-15 mpg. Weak link was the 5-speed tranny-Ford used the same tranny used on the 4/6 cyl Ranger. The F-250 got the heavy duty version. Went through 2 clutch replacements in 80K miles.

Favorite Features

Love the ride height and ruggedness of the F-150-this is why Ford has been the leader in the US truck market for decades. It's too bad the newer trucks often don't even come with manual transmissions-they are trying to turn work trucks into Cadillac Escalades (just my opinion). I believe that the only new F-150's with manual transmissions are the base model 6 cyl versions-V8 engines can't be mated to a 5/6 speed.

Suggested Improvements

Improve 5.0 V8 HP and fuel economy. That being said, the 5.0V8 has a huge aftermarket for performance accessories thatnks to the Fox Body Mustang. I'd love to see the new 2011 and later 400+ HP 5.0V8/5 speed drive train in a 1995 F-150 work truck body. That would be fun to drive and haul stuff with.

1995 ford f150 XL
By Viking67

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Just bought this a few months ago and am really surprised at the power of this 6 cylinder Not really cheap on gas but get me to wear I want to go. Mileage in the 340,000 km and Burns no oil. So pleased.

Favorite Features

4X4

Suggested Improvements

none

Built Ford Tough
By Tom

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Special 2dr Regular Cab LB

I am the second owner and bought my F150 in 1999 with about 90000 miles and it now has 197000. It is basic on the inside but the exterior has true eye appeal with a rugged look yet clean and classy. The truck is Black with Charcoal lower panel. It is a V8 with standard 5 speed transmission. I always receive complements on its appearance. I was hearing a roar in either the transmission or rear end and had decided to sell. After checking prices on newer models and restored older models a light went off. Since I like this truck and there have not been any real issues why not invest in something I already know. I decided 2 or $3000 in this workhorse will get me another 10 yrs. GREAT TRUCK !!

Favorite Features

Great look, excellent Air conditioning, and reliability. Take care of this truck, invest a little money, and it will keep on ticking.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to improve on the gas mileage.

darn good truck
By theredflash

1995 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I got the truck for free from my uncle he bought it in 1995 for 16,000. Had it overhauled at 186,000 miles. I myself have done the balljoints, brakes, regular tune ups and all that stuff. So far the best truck I have ever owned, the straight six is probably the best motor around. I was 16 when I got the truck and was very hard on it! 2 feet of mud, no lift, and still made it through, has pulled out plenty of people stuck in ditches, and mud roads. Won best old beater when I graduated high school. Candy Apple red and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Favorite Features

the straight six motor, tons of torque, as my great uncle Jake would say: "It could pull the bottom out of hell and put a brick under it." Very easy to find parts!

Suggested Improvements

Obviously like every ford enthusiast knows, rust tends to be a problem, but does NOT stop performance of this truck!!!