Used 1995 Ford F-150 XLT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I have to like it, it keeps on running
By Kevin

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am over six feet tall and I have broad shoulders, so they tell me, and I am very comfortable in this truck. No matter how long the drive, I am not exhausted at the end of the trip. My longest running trip was about four hours with a couple of rest stops or fifteen minute walk around breaks. SUV can stay anywhere around me, I can see around you or most of the time over you. So I like the helpful seating height. It is dependable as far as any other vehicle out there, I am most comfortable in my extended cab. Some say its too bad they don't make them like that anymore, Well that is the same thing they said about the 1940's , I say this is a real good one, and if you can get a new 2016 of the same make and model , go for it, they only make them smarter and safer. But they remember from where they came from and build up from that. Two thumbs up ,, Way up to this group of Manufacturers, I appreciate Ford. The safe affordable work horse and style ride for the American that try's to Get R Done Daily.. !

Just Won't Quit
By Cheeseheadmike

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck from my employer with a tad over 300,000 on it, figuring if I got a year out of it I was doing good. Five years later, I have 352,000 on it. Even with the ultra hi-mileage, I'm not afraid to drive it anywhere. In that time, I've replaced fuel pumps in both tanks, windshield, and a TPS. It has the 5.0 engine, no gas mileage champ, but no slouch either. Finally started showing rust around the wheel wells on the bed and has had a slight rear main leak since I bought it. I've been thinking of trading it in on a new truck but I can't stand what I see out there now, so I think I'll just keep maintaining it.

All the power goodies still work.

What can be improved on after 350,000 miles.

Dependable and reliable
By WoodMoose

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck as a program
vehicle when it was three months old.
It has been real dependable with minor,
regular maintenance requirements. The
engine is still like new and I
regularly get 17+ mpg on the interstate.

dual tanks and the dependable engine

The space between the front side windows and the rear passenger windows could be smaller (blind spot)

Good, solid truck
By DrMagee

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I knew the previous owner. It has
always been reliable for him. It also
hasn't let me down either. Decent
ride, decent mileage. Just a good
solid truck overall.

Ride and ride height. Dual tanks are gret for long trips!

The 4.9L L6 makes great torque, but could use a boost of horsepower.