Used 1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Strong truck
By jake

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

For a small truck it is amazing. I am so surprised by how well this thing tows with only a 5. O (302). We pull an 18 ft enclosed trailer loaded with tons of camping gear the truck doesn't even shudder when pulling onto high speed roads. Not to mention this truck will not break, the most repairs it has had is a few starters and a window motor

Favorite Features

power in small v8

Suggested Improvements

radio is horrible

Just Won't Quit
By Cheeseheadmike

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck from my employer with a tad over 300,000 on it, figuring if I got a year out of it I was doing good. Five years later, I have 352,000 on it. Even with the ultra hi-mileage, I'm not afraid to drive it anywhere. In that time, I've replaced fuel pumps in both tanks, windshield, and a TPS. It has the 5.0 engine, no gas mileage champ, but no slouch either. Finally started showing rust around the wheel wells on the bed and has had a slight rear main leak since I bought it. I've been thinking of trading it in on a new truck but I can't stand what I see out there now, so I think I'll just keep maintaining it.

Favorite Features

All the power goodies still work.

Suggested Improvements

What can be improved on after 350,000 miles.

Tough as Nails
By Texas Native

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck at an equipment auction. It had the 4.9L 6 cyl & 5 speed. When I bought the truck it had 105k miles on it. When I sold it 11 years later it had over 250k miles on it and still running strong. I averaged around 18MPG most of the time. If I drove only highway I could get up to 21mpg for a full size truck that is very impressive. I used it for work, and for fun. I hauled many heavy loads and full trailers with ease. I wish Ford would have continued th3 4.9L with the newer trucks. In my 11 years of owning it. I replaced a clutch, brake pads and a radiator. I bought it for $7k and sold it 11 years later for $3k. I wish I would have kept it ;-)

Favorite Features

Engine. More torque than the V8s and better fuel economy. Good heavy suspension, and smooth ride. Took 11 years of beatings and kept running strong.

Suggested Improvements

body style was a bit boxy for my taste.

I love this truck
By Kcrowe

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck since 1997. Had 23,000 miles when I bought it. Has 235,000 now. I just can't sell it. It has never let me down. The 300 six is un-stoppable. Ford should have never stopped building this engine. Mine is Black with gold accent. When shes washed and waxed, I still get comments on her great looks. Don't drive it much anymore, but like I said, I can't seem to part with her. Replaced one hydraulic clutch actuator, clutch and two alternators. That's it. Still runs like new. Best vehicle I have ever owned!

Favorite Features

Looks, reliability. I would buy another if I could find one with low miles and same styling.

Suggested Improvements

None

Absolutely a great truck
By TB765

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I own a 1995 F-150 XLT 4X4 Flareside Extended Cab with 123,000 miles, and it is a great truck. The 5.0 V8 makes it a blast to drive, the fuel economy isnt really that bad, and 4WD in the winter makes it pretty much unstoppable. Nothing ever goes wrong with it, it never needs repairs. The only parts I've ever put on it were tires, a ball-joint, oil, and filters. I always get comments and compliments about the way it looks. If u ever need a good truck to haul something, an old F-150 is a great choice.

Favorite Features

Appearence. The 5.0 L V8 is very strong and can lay rubber if it wants to! Awesome in the winter. Nimble on the highway, yet can go off road.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive front seats. Nimbler around town handling. Fuel mileage could be somewhat better. Antilock brakes are definitely needed