1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Strong truck
By jake on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

For a small truck it is amazing. I am so surprised by how well this thing tows with only a 5. O (302). We pull an 18 ft enclosed trailer loaded with tons of camping gear the truck doesn't even shudder when pulling onto high speed roads. Not to mention this truck will not break, the most repairs it has had is a few starters and a window motor

Just Won't Quit
By Cheeseheadmike on 08/02/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck from my employer with a tad over 300,000 on it, figuring if I got a year out of it I was doing good. Five years later, I have 352,000 on it. Even with the ultra hi-mileage, I'm not afraid to drive it anywhere. In that time, I've replaced fuel pumps in both tanks, windshield, and a TPS. It has the 5.0 engine, no gas mileage champ, but no slouch either. Finally started showing rust around the wheel wells on the bed and has had a slight rear main leak since I bought it. I've been thinking of trading it in on a new truck but I can't stand what I see out there now, so I think I'll just keep maintaining it.

Tough as Nails
By Texas Native on 05/11/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck at an equipment auction. It had the 4.9L 6 cyl & 5 speed. When I bought the truck it had 105k miles on it. When I sold it 11 years later it had over 250k miles on it and still running strong. I averaged around 18MPG most of the time. If I drove only highway I could get up to 21mpg for a full size truck that is very impressive. I used it for work, and for fun. I hauled many heavy loads and full trailers with ease. I wish Ford would have continued th3 4.9L with the newer trucks. In my 11 years of owning it. I replaced a clutch, brake pads and a radiator. I bought it for $7k and sold it 11 years later for $3k. I wish I would have kept it ;-)

I love this truck
By Kcrowe on 12/31/08 16:19 PM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck since 1997. Had 23,000 miles when I bought it. Has 235,000 now. I just can't sell it. It has never let me down. The 300 six is un-stoppable. Ford should have never stopped building this engine. Mine is Black with gold accent. When shes washed and waxed, I still get comments on her great looks. Don't drive it much anymore, but like I said, I can't seem to part with her. Replaced one hydraulic clutch actuator, clutch and two alternators. That's it. Still runs like new. Best vehicle I have ever owned!

Absolutely a great truck
By TB765 on 09/08/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I own a 1995 F-150 XLT 4X4 Flareside Extended Cab with 123,000 miles, and it is a great truck. The 5.0 V8 makes it a blast to drive, the fuel economy isnt really that bad, and 4WD in the winter makes it pretty much unstoppable. Nothing ever goes wrong with it, it never needs repairs. The only parts I've ever put on it were tires, a ball-joint, oil, and filters. I always get comments and compliments about the way it looks. If u ever need a good truck to haul something, an old F-150 is a great choice.

Never Liked Fords
By Dodge Man on 06/24/08 23:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this pickup from my buddy. he talked me into it, even though I never liked Fords. The pickup was babied. It is very fun to drive with the 351 with 2 1/4 inch dual straights, no cats, no mufflers. Very loud! I actaully liked it until I hit a puddle and got water in the air intake and cracked a piston. They are not water proof. Im a redneck so I got hunting and fishing in it all the time and I havent seen a prairie trail too rough for it. All in all its a pretty good pickup, never had any problems except for the piston, my fault. Has 179k miles on it, solid runner. And I prefer manual lockouts, just because theyre more reliable, 4x4 on the fly. Works good. I reccomend this pickup.

Excellent truck
By dale on 03/07/08 20:54 PM (PST)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am the 6th owner and I bought it at 175000 miles. Replaced the rear end and it has been ultra reliable. The truck has been used to tow, haul and off road a lot. I would buy ten more if I could afford it. It's starting to lose a little power but it does have 220000 miles on it and everything works.

Ford Expert
By ERowe on 10/29/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have owned every truck in the Ford line, Ranger,2 Explorers, Bronco, 2xF150's. Without question, the 94-96 F150's is a better truck than most pickups available. Ford Trucks are as tough as the toe nails on an elephant except for the transmissions! The trucks will nickel and dime you to death with little problems such as rear end gears(not so little) wiper/window motors,lamps, lighting, fuses,wiring etc..... There was a failure of research and development because they are a pain to work on but I love them! I am forever a Ford man!

This Old Truck
By CarbonFuel on 08/31/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I paid $4500 last winter. I've only paid for oil changes. And I cleaned it in and out well because it smelled like a used car. Now it's nice, clean, easy to drive. I'd never buy a Ford car, but this old truck has been good and a good price. It's very under powered. I drive it easy and get 18 MPG with it's 5L V8. Snow, sand, and mud are like driving on pavement when in 4X4.

One of Ford's Better Years for Trucks
By woodleader on 08/15/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

This has been an excellent vehicle. The only major repair I have made on this truck was a rebuilt transmission at 160,000 miles. Other than that I have replaced an alternator, a radial arm bushing, idler pulley and a few batteries. I drive this truck to work, M-F, around Atlanta. With 287,000 miles on it now, I could see this truck easily making 400,000 miles in a few years. AT 80 mph, the 5.8l still gets 15mpg. I like this truck so much I am starting the process of restoring it.