1995 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Good ole blackie
By rudyt on 10/15/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice pickup. Runs perfect. Only had minor issues except for the last one which no mechanic has yet to diagnose. Fuel efficient 6cyl engine. Very strong motor when hauling or towing.

Best truck ever
By matthew s on 06/22/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck in '98 with 69k miles on it. The only major repair I had done was new gears in the rear end. Everything else is original. Oh yeah, I had to replace the battery a couple times. I wish Ford would go back to this truck.195k miles and still truckin'.

RELIABLE TRUCK
By TIMMAN on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

EXCELLENT TRUCK!. I HAVE A 4.9 STRAIGHT SIX WITH A 5 SPEED. THE ONLY FUSS IS REGARDING THE PLASTIC COMPONENTS USED IN THE HYDRAULIC CLUTCH SYSTEM. THE PLUNGER ROD THAT CONNECTS TO THE MASTER CYLINDER IS MADE OF PLASTIC. IT IS HELD IN PLACE WITH A PLASTIC BUSHING THAT WEARS OUT EVERY 30,000 MILES. THESE TWO CHEAP COMPONENTS CAUSE CLUTCH LOSS MORE OFTEN THAN ANY TRUCK OWNER WOULD EXPECT, HOWEVER THE PROBLEM IS EASY TO FIX. JUST TAKE THE PLUNGER ROD OUT OF THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER AND HAVE YOUR LOCAL MACHINE SHOP MAKE YOU ONE OUT OF STEEL. PROBLEM SOLVED. NOW YOU HAVE A BULLETPROOF 300,000 MILE TRUCK.

Floyd F-150
By Floyd on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

For an inexpensive vehicle this one has performed well, over 200,000 miles with an inline 6. A/C has never quit, easy to maintain. Manual Tranmission however does not allow for quick accelaration.