1994 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best to drive ever
By RBonham on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned several Ford PU's over the past 30 years. This one tops them all.

Buy One Of These...NOW!!
By Solomon2 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had this 10 year old truck for 2.5 years, and I absolutely love it!! If it got better gas mileage, it'd be the greatest vehicle ever. I've hauled 2.5 yards of mulch in it, towed trailers, and the previous owner towed his boat to the beach regularly; and the truck still runs perfectly. He and I have replaced very few items on it, and it still runs like new. It's extremely comfortable and reliable. I plan to keep it another 10 or 15 years. And since it's such a popular vehicle, tires and many other accessories are fairly inexpensive. Also, it has a good safety rating. No body makes trucks better than Ford.

the truck
By smogelinski on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck last year/03 and since then I have rebuilt the trans and engine. the engine is bored over .60 and has forged pistons, headers, racing cam. new brake system, new suspension/front and rear, also new tires and rims, summer/winter sets.

USED TRUCK
By JACK S on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

GREAT LOOING VEHICLE, ABOVE AVERAGE WORK TRUCK, GOOD LOAD CARRING VEHICLE. GAS MILEAGE IS DECENT BELOW 75MPH

Good Old Boy with 178,000 miles!
By ronco on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this vehicle from a dealer that marked it "salvage only" on the bill of sale. Clutch was rough but overall this was a runner. I put a new clutch in it a few months after purchase (easy job!), rebuilt the brakes, and added new tires. This old 5 liter V8 runs great, uses a little oil but leaks considerably from front and rear mains. If it didn't run so darned good I'd have it rebuilt. Never see a used lower mileage 5 liter for sale.

It's a workhorse and looks good too!
By retired101sthorn on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I needed a truck to use for installing doors and windows (before being layed off anyway).I needed a long bed, but really wanted the extended cab too, so it's not as comfortable as I would like since I've got pretty long legs. There's just no way to get the seat all the way back and recline the seat at the same time.With a camper top, it's become very practical.

Best Truck
By KLSmith on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new, and is the best car I have ever owned. Two problems. Cruise control went out, repaired under warrenty. Cruise controle failed a second time and I repaired the clock spring wiring harnes inside the stering wheel myself, cost $100.00 for repairs. No other problems. This truck has the hardest paint I have ever seen on a car, it gets waxed once a year in the sprind and still looks like new. This truck was not financed and it made it a lot more fun to drive, still like to drive it as much as the day I brough it home. It' a good puller, go to Arkansas once a year and pull a 1400 pound boat, no trouble, never gets hot.

Real Good Old Truck
By rpage on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 195000 miles on this truck.I have the oil changed at 3 to 5 thousand miles.I have owned this truck nearly 8 years.I drive it every day.It gets 19 & 20 mpg.Chevy owners don't believe me when I tell them the milage I get.I don't take real good care of this truck.But it has been the best truck I have ever owned.I will keep this truck until it just quits going.My oldest granddaughter wants it when I get tired of it.She may have to wait a while longer though.

Ford F150
By STEVENJ on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The engine runs like new - I replaced the air intake manifold gasket at approx. 150K & the crankcase oil pan gasket once at approx. 200K. The front brakes must have been designed for the festiva - I had to purchase rotors way to often! My transmission was rebuilt around 150K. The torque converter sent a hard to find vibration through my truck at around 75K that was a Ford problem - Ford actually issued a service bulletin for this. Overall a great truck! I should have purchased (2) - it was ~$13K new.

I love my F-150
By cucci on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought my '94 F-150 December 23, 1993, and I wouldn't trade it in on a new vehicle if you paid me to! I have 77,000 miles on it, and had the automatic AOD transmission rebuilt at around 60,000 miles. Other than that, the truck has had no mechanical problems aside from regular maintenance. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone interested in buying a used truck.