Used 1994 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

one fantastic truck!
By hoodhunter

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck 2 times! i have the 351W 5.8L motor, auto trans, xlt with buckets. love the color, the simplicity of the interior and exterior (easy to clean) and the overall comfort at 75MPH. the seats tend to show wear and tear easily however. for a 351W it should have more power than it does, and the fuel economy is horrible for around town driving. the push button 4WD is great in winter, and the legendary heater and A/C is second to none. i think the suspension on these are weak for the weight of the truck though, bu they fixed this with the 97 and up models. all in all it has been a great truck... never failed to start or so much as even a sputter from any cylinder. recommended!

push button 4WD, fast power windows, simple interior controls, silver interior bucket seats, the 351W motor, leg room in back seat incredible for a supercab truck of its year, comfortable highway ride.

lack of power for the motor, cheap interior components (door panels, fabric on seats, etc.), poor primer coat causing flaky paint (mine has been repainted), mileage of course, out-dated gauge cluster, and poor suspension.

My first truck
By Dustin West

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

My dad gave me this truck as my first vehicle and I love it its big roomy and great for pulling I put 33" tires on it and pulled a 6klb. Trailer threw mud no problem I'm not real fond or the 15 mpg but if you want a truck for pulling or just something that would work for work put money into the gas and there you go my truck has 5.0l 302ci with e40d trans with manual 4x4 that's great when you start to slide on icy roads just pull it back and almost instantly you got traction never got stuck!, I will honestly say I wanted to trade this truck for a Honda civic but nope I am keeping this truck until I die yes everyone its that good I also recommend changing the stereo or maybe the speakers!

302ci Engine,E40D trans,Manual 4X4, Long bed, Subercab/EXT. Cab, Handling, Stereo,

I would recommend a better stereo but that's me, fuel economy,

Helluva truck
By Jim

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has easily been the most reliable truck I've owned. It has the 302 engine and is slightly underpowered for its gas mileage, but it gives 100% of what it has. I've never done engine work to it other than tune-ups, have only repaired things that wear out on any vehicle, like ball joints, u-joints, fluids, brakes, belts, etc. I don't think there is a higher quality vehicle available. It's been in 2 serious wrecks with only body damage resulting, after repairs you can't even tell!

Everything!!! The E4OD tranny is by far the most bullet-proof autoshifter I've seen yet (I'm a mechanic).

Kind of wish they would have come with 16" wheels from the factory.

One Tough Truck
By ladogman

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I'm a professional dog trainer, i have an 8 hold dog topper mounted on the truck with dry storage and a 15 gallon water tank. I also tow behing this truck a 4 hole dog trailer which also carries my four wheeler and other gear. The 300 inline v6 is remarkable, alot of trainers are amazed at my trucks capabilities. I would not trade my truck for no other truck out there. I just wish i would have bought one with four wheel drive.

1 Tuff Ford
By MIKE

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new. I still own and drive it daily. It has performed above my expectations. For a American vehicle that was built in a era when American vehicles had very poor qualty and performance this is 1 bad truck. My truck still looks great and turns heads. It performs strong and just like that old timex watch it takes a liken and stlll ticking. The only work done to this truck was a transmission overhaul and a water pump. For 15 years not bad. I would buy it again.

Very simple and dependable