1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Just keeps going and going.....
By f1504eva on 12/13/12 13:22 PM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The more I read the horror stories of new and late model vehicles, the more I love my 1994 F150. At 18 yrs old (with reg maint) it just never lets me down. Its nothing fancy and i do use it for what it was intended for, but with just regular maint, it doesnt cost me a fortune to operate. It is a 5 litre V8 XLT 2wd reg cab with an 8 ft box and is my daily driver and I just love the design of the 1992-96 F150s. l also love the looks of the 04 and later F150s, but after reading consumer reviews here on Edmunds, i think I'll stick to my 'Ol Reliable trusty "94. Just like they say....they dont make 'em like they used to. Old Fords never die, they just keep going and going.....

One Tough Truck
By ladogman on 04/07/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I'm a professional dog trainer, i have an 8 hold dog topper mounted on the truck with dry storage and a 15 gallon water tank. I also tow behing this truck a 4 hole dog trailer which also carries my four wheeler and other gear. The 300 inline v6 is remarkable, alot of trainers are amazed at my trucks capabilities. I would not trade my truck for no other truck out there. I just wish i would have bought one with four wheel drive.

Awesome F150
By JD#1 on 01/29/08 17:31 PM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab LB

I primarily use this '94 truck to drive to work. I work at a cattle ranch and sometimes I have to pull trailers with it. For a 6-banger it is excellent. I never have seen a V8 Chevy accomplish that. I really like it and hope I never have to sell it. Ford, the best never rest!

Old Faithful
By jim on 04/15/07 22:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This was my first pick me up truck. It is a very basic truck, no AC. The twin I beam suspention is hard on tires but we all know that.It has never left me stranded. Replaced the first batery after 11 years, alt, starter, slave cyl, and clutch. But I was never stranded or had to call a tow truck. I'll keep this truck till the wheels fall off. Found On Road Dead?? 166K and nothing rusted out either

Rust bucket
By njphoto1 on 03/26/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought it new and love it except that it is falling apart around me. The frame and under carriage is almost gone. I wish they used better steel.

The truck you need to git-r-done
By greentland on 12/09/05 13:11 PM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I'm a landscape contractor and have used this truck as the workhorse of my business. The 5.0l V8 gives me all the power I need to tow 6000 pounds with confidence. I love the appearance of these trucks. They just look cool ... period. I will admit however that she's got a bit of a sweet tooth for gasoline. I'm talkin' 15 mpg down hill with a stiff tail wind. That goes down to 11 mpg with a trailer. I tell ya though, in the unlikely event that it took a dump tomorrow, I'd go out and find another just like it. P.S. I dressed it up a little with a 16" stainless air horn ... just for that little somthin' extra!

It's a workhorse and looks good too!
By retired101sthorn on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I needed a truck to use for installing doors and windows (before being layed off anyway).I needed a long bed, but really wanted the extended cab too, so it's not as comfortable as I would like since I've got pretty long legs. There's just no way to get the seat all the way back and recline the seat at the same time.With a camper top, it's become very practical.

Real Good Old Truck
By rpage on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 195000 miles on this truck.I have the oil changed at 3 to 5 thousand miles.I have owned this truck nearly 8 years.I drive it every day.It gets 19 & 20 mpg.Chevy owners don't believe me when I tell them the milage I get.I don't take real good care of this truck.But it has been the best truck I have ever owned.I will keep this truck until it just quits going.My oldest granddaughter wants it when I get tired of it.She may have to wait a while longer though.

Ford F150
By STEVENJ on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The engine runs like new - I replaced the air intake manifold gasket at approx. 150K & the crankcase oil pan gasket once at approx. 200K. The front brakes must have been designed for the festiva - I had to purchase rotors way to often! My transmission was rebuilt around 150K. The torque converter sent a hard to find vibration through my truck at around 75K that was a Ford problem - Ford actually issued a service bulletin for this. Overall a great truck! I should have purchased (2) - it was ~$13K new.

I love my F-150
By cucci on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought my '94 F-150 December 23, 1993, and I wouldn't trade it in on a new vehicle if you paid me to! I have 77,000 miles on it, and had the automatic AOD transmission rebuilt at around 60,000 miles. Other than that, the truck has had no mechanical problems aside from regular maintenance. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone interested in buying a used truck.