Used 1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

One tough Ford
By jtalabama

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just received this truck 2 days before thanksgiving. It was towed to my house by flatbed after sitting 8 years in a field. The truck ran when it was parked in December of 06 after the owner had a stroke and then passed away. After making the determination that the 4.9L (300 cid) engine would turn over, I started to work on cleaning it up, giving a good tune up and replacing the fuel tanks, fuel pumps, and sending units as well as all the hoses, and belt. A new battery, a set of new tires, the truck cranked right up and has been excellent to run. After 500 miles, I drained the oil, and it looked just as clean as it was the day I put it in.

I love the 1994 body style of the truck. The manual transmission, and the power it gives, makes it really fun to drive.

Just keeps going and going.....
By f1504eva

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The more I read the horror stories of new and late model vehicles, the more I love my 1994 F150.
At 18 yrs old (with reg maint) it just never lets me down. Its nothing fancy and i do use it for what it was intended for, but with just regular maint, it doesnt cost me a fortune to operate. It is a 5 litre V8 XLT 2wd reg cab with an 8 ft box and is my daily driver and I just love the design of the 1992-96 F150s.
l also love the looks of the 04 and later F150s, but
after reading consumer reviews here on Edmunds, i think I'll stick to my 'Ol Reliable trusty "94.
Just like they say....they dont make 'em like they used to.
Old Fords never die, they just keep going and going.....

Great design. Nice ride and excellent reliability. 8 ft box. Almost all new trucks have short boxes and cant accomodate a full sheet of 4x8 drywall or plywood.

One Tough Truck
By ladogman

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I'm a professional dog trainer, i have an 8 hold dog topper mounted on the truck with dry storage and a 15 gallon water tank. I also tow behing this truck a 4 hole dog trailer which also carries my four wheeler and other gear. The 300 inline v6 is remarkable, alot of trainers are amazed at my trucks capabilities. I would not trade my truck for no other truck out there. I just wish i would have bought one with four wheel drive.

Awesome F150
By JD#1

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab LB

I primarily use this '94 truck to drive to work. I work at a cattle ranch and sometimes I have to pull trailers with it. For a 6-banger it is excellent. I never have seen a V8 Chevy accomplish that. I really like it and hope I never have to sell it. Ford, the best never rest!

The 5-speed transmision. The straight 6 motor. Dual fuel tanks. Horsepower.

None!

Old Faithful
By jim

1994 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This was my first pick me up truck. It is a very basic truck, no AC. The twin I beam suspention is hard on tires but we all know that.It has never left me stranded. Replaced the first batery after 11 years, alt, starter, slave cyl, and clutch. But I was never stranded or had to call a tow truck. I'll keep this truck till the wheels fall off. Found On Road Dead?? 166K and nothing rusted out either

Reliability, and the I 6 Clevland or so I'm told is a tough bird. Reg oil chg and tune ups. Only failed one emissions test, tune up took care of that.