Used 1994 Ford F-150 XLT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Built Ford Tough
By Happy

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck since it was new in 1994. It currently has 210K on it and still runs like new. I have replace consumables; i.e., water pump, battery, alternator. Nothing major until I replaced the suspension last year. This two wheel drive outperformed many on the trail, in snow storms and through rivers and stream beds. No complaints, I'd do it again.

This truck has never let me down. It has not necessarily been given the best of care and still has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Even with the 4.9L I-6 this truck tows incredibly well; boats, horses and up mountain roads.

The changes I would have made to this model since 1994 were to the interior only and have since been incorporated into the newer models.

Very GOOD Truck !
By John Griffiths

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My folks bought this used truck back in '96. I got to drive it from Arizona to Seattle, WA. I revisited them in August 2004, and the truck only had 49K miles on it. So, I took it down to have a front end alignment and 2 new front tires on it. Perfect Ride! Paint, exterior and interior is in excellent like condition. So, I bought it. Some I-beam suspension/alignment design problems due to sag (cam adjustments/ball joints) but still in specs. NICE!

Extra room in extended cab, power windows, good A/C, engine HUMS! Nice cloth seats, Fiberglass topper and side runners are a nice added feature. Everything is excellent compared to the '70 & 75 Ford trucks I've owned. Maintenance low.

Hmmm, maybe fuel economy - but, what do you expect for a truck with a 5.0 V8 302 engine, fuel injected, with a topper, bed liner and all the power features and comfort it has. After 11 years and only 78k miles it's a lot better than the '70 & '75 Ford pickup and the '64 Dodge I owned in the past.

F-150 XLT Extended Cab 2WD
By MoKan driver

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

We have had this truck for 8 years; drove it as a courier vehicle for the first 3 years. Has 244,000 miles on it and still runs well. Starts every day even in extreme cold. Has been a very reliable vehicle.

Smooth ride, good looks, electric windows, extended cab. Holds 6 people comfortably.

Dash rattles on rough roads, don't like velour seats, hard to move around on. Seat belts are uncomfortable.

Best to drive ever
By RBonham

I have owned several Ford PU's over the
past 30 years. This one tops them all.

Buy One Of These...NOW!!
By Solomon2

I've had this 10 year old truck for 2.5
years, and I absolutely love it!! If
it got better gas mileage, it'd be the
greatest vehicle ever. I've hauled 2.5
yards of mulch in it, towed trailers,
and the previous owner towed his boat
to the beach regularly; and the truck
still runs perfectly. He and I have
replaced very few items on it, and it
still runs like new. It's extremely
comfortable and reliable. I plan to
keep it another 10 or 15 years.

And since it's such a popular vehicle,
tires and many other accessories are
fairly inexpensive. Also, it has a
good safety rating. No body makes
trucks better than Ford.

Inexpensive tires. Super Cab bench seat. Dual gas tanks allow me to go 2 or 3 weeks between gas station visits. I love manual transmission, but the automatic is very convenient. Got it used and got a great price on it. Used is the way to go.

I wish I could get more than 15 mpg in the city.