1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford Boy Till The End
By FordBoy1990 on 08/21/10 18:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

i bought this truck from a family friend and i love it! it has a 3in lift sitting on 33 in Kumho tires. I love making heads turn when i drive by. even though I've only had it a short time, it has been very reliable and yes, FORD TOUGH! only problems I've had is the brake lines had to be replaced and it makes a squealing noise when i let off the gas to break. of anybody knows what that is please let me know! this is my second f150 but my favorite so far. love my truck!

Ford trucks can usually take hard hits
By seth on 03/16/10 01:46 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I used to own a 1980 ford f150 standard cab long bed, maybe 10 accidents, 5 switched engines, 4 switched tailgates, and one switched radio and some tires switch from time to time. the truck probably had over 700,000 miles on it and 100,000 cords of firewood delivered on it. still running.over 400 horsepower.work beast.beat the hell out of it and it never took a rest. it could burn out with 1500 lbs in the back. 8 mpg though. sold it back to my dad and got a new (new to me)1994 f150 automatic 2wd extended cab long bed. great truck, better mpg, but not nearly as much power as my old 400 hrse powered truck. I feel fancy driving my newer ford. And everyone should have a ford truck. for cars i would go kia

Gotta Love Your Work Horse
By Cortez777CJ on 10/12/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Well I bought this truck back in 2006 before I Joined the Marine Corps and used it for pleasure and work Id have to say drivin back and forth over the years has defiantly thrown some miles on it 250k but it still purrs like the day I bought It I pulled more then 2& a half tons with it and had no problem what so ever Used it as my own business truck and took my date to prom So I've never had one problem just regular maintenance and a lot of TLC

one fantastic truck!
By hoodhunter on 10/01/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck 2 times! i have the 351W 5.8L motor, auto trans, xlt with buckets. love the color, the simplicity of the interior and exterior (easy to clean) and the overall comfort at 75MPH. the seats tend to show wear and tear easily however. for a 351W it should have more power than it does, and the fuel economy is horrible for around town driving. the push button 4WD is great in winter, and the legendary heater and A/C is second to none. i think the suspension on these are weak for the weight of the truck though, bu they fixed this with the 97 and up models. all in all it has been a great truck... never failed to start or so much as even a sputter from any cylinder. recommended!

My first truck
By Dustin West on 09/03/09 06:42 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

My dad gave me this truck as my first vehicle and I love it its big roomy and great for pulling I put 33" tires on it and pulled a 6klb. Trailer threw mud no problem I'm not real fond or the 15 mpg but if you want a truck for pulling or just something that would work for work put money into the gas and there you go my truck has 5.0l 302ci with e40d trans with manual 4x4 that's great when you start to slide on icy roads just pull it back and almost instantly you got traction never got stuck!, I will honestly say I wanted to trade this truck for a Honda civic but nope I am keeping this truck until I die yes everyone its that good I also recommend changing the stereo or maybe the speakers!

Helluva truck
By Jim on 05/28/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has easily been the most reliable truck I've owned. It has the 302 engine and is slightly underpowered for its gas mileage, but it gives 100% of what it has. I've never done engine work to it other than tune-ups, have only repaired things that wear out on any vehicle, like ball joints, u-joints, fluids, brakes, belts, etc. I don't think there is a higher quality vehicle available. It's been in 2 serious wrecks with only body damage resulting, after repairs you can't even tell!

1 Tuff Ford
By MIKE on 04/04/09 04:56 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new. I still own and drive it daily. It has performed above my expectations. For a American vehicle that was built in a era when American vehicles had very poor qualty and performance this is 1 bad truck. My truck still looks great and turns heads. It performs strong and just like that old timex watch it takes a liken and stlll ticking. The only work done to this truck was a transmission overhaul and a water pump. For 15 years not bad. I would buy it again.

Solid Truck
By safetymike on 02/21/09 12:53 PM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought new. Has 232,000 miles, mostly over gravel, on the 302. Replaced brakes and master cylinder at 160,000. Dealer wants me to trade in, but the truck still runs great! Burns no oil! Typical squeaks and rattles for this amount of miles.

it's a Ford
By F-150freak on 01/18/06 13:58 PM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I love my F-150. I have had no issues with it, and I have put on custom wheels and it still rides like a dream. I just wish more people would fix them up, and not just use them for work horses. I treat it like my third child. It is safe and up high so I feel like I can see everything when driving. I would recommend the F-150 to everyone. Mine is a 1994 and has all the sexiness of a new one. I love Fords! P.S I am a 30 year old female, and would recommend one for all gals with spirit!

Review 1994 Ford F-150
By Danny on 10/24/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Ford F-150 XL SB from my Dad 4 years ago. It had 111K on it. I had a brand new Jeep Cherokee and sold it to buy my Dad's. It was very clean and was finally broken in for me. My Dad bought a new 2002 Ford F-150 thinking the 1994 had too many miles to do any traveling. After driving his 2002 for a couple of months, he wanted his old one back. Sorry Dad, I waited 9 years to get this one!