Used 1994 Ford F-150 XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

One tough Ford
By jtalabama

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just received this truck 2 days before thanksgiving. It was towed to my house by flatbed after sitting 8 years in a field. The truck ran when it was parked in December of 06 after the owner had a stroke and then passed away. After making the determination that the 4.9L (300 cid) engine would turn over, I started to work on cleaning it up, giving a good tune up and replacing the fuel tanks, fuel pumps, and sending units as well as all the hoses, and belt. A new battery, a set of new tires, the truck cranked right up and has been excellent to run. After 500 miles, I drained the oil, and it looked just as clean as it was the day I put it in.

Favorite Features

I love the 1994 body style of the truck. The manual transmission, and the power it gives, makes it really fun to drive.

Ford F150
By STEVENJ

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The engine runs like new - I replaced the air intake manifold gasket at approx. 150K & the crankcase oil pan gasket once at approx. 200K. The front brakes must have been designed for the festiva - I had to purchase rotors way to often! My transmission was rebuilt around 150K. The torque converter sent a hard to find vibration through my truck at around 75K that was a Ford problem - Ford actually issued a service bulletin for this. Overall a great truck! I should have purchased (2) - it was ~$13K new.

Favorite Features

Smooth long running engine.

Suggested Improvements

It needs some truck worthy front brakes.