1994 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Built Ford Tough
By Happy on 04/19/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck since it was new in 1994. It currently has 210K on it and still runs like new. I have replace consumables; i.e., water pump, battery, alternator. Nothing major until I replaced the suspension last year. This two wheel drive outperformed many on the trail, in snow storms and through rivers and stream beds. No complaints, I'd do it again.

Very GOOD Truck !
By John Griffiths on 01/29/05 02:34 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My folks bought this used truck back in '96. I got to drive it from Arizona to Seattle, WA. I revisited them in August 2004, and the truck only had 49K miles on it. So, I took it down to have a front end alignment and 2 new front tires on it. Perfect Ride! Paint, exterior and interior is in excellent like condition. So, I bought it. Some I-beam suspension/alignment design problems due to sag (cam adjustments/ball joints) but still in specs. NICE!

F-150 XLT Extended Cab 2WD
By MoKan driver on 01/06/05 22:22 PM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

We have had this truck for 8 years; drove it as a courier vehicle for the first 3 years. Has 244,000 miles on it and still runs well. Starts every day even in extreme cold. Has been a very reliable vehicle.

Best to drive ever
By RBonham on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned several Ford PU's over the past 30 years. This one tops them all.

Buy One Of These...NOW!!
By Solomon2 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had this 10 year old truck for 2.5 years, and I absolutely love it!! If it got better gas mileage, it'd be the greatest vehicle ever. I've hauled 2.5 yards of mulch in it, towed trailers, and the previous owner towed his boat to the beach regularly; and the truck still runs perfectly. He and I have replaced very few items on it, and it still runs like new. It's extremely comfortable and reliable. I plan to keep it another 10 or 15 years. And since it's such a popular vehicle, tires and many other accessories are fairly inexpensive. Also, it has a good safety rating. No body makes trucks better than Ford.

USED TRUCK
By JACK S on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

GREAT LOOING VEHICLE, ABOVE AVERAGE WORK TRUCK, GOOD LOAD CARRING VEHICLE. GAS MILEAGE IS DECENT BELOW 75MPH

Good Old Boy with 178,000 miles!
By ronco on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this vehicle from a dealer that marked it "salvage only" on the bill of sale. Clutch was rough but overall this was a runner. I put a new clutch in it a few months after purchase (easy job!), rebuilt the brakes, and added new tires. This old 5 liter V8 runs great, uses a little oil but leaks considerably from front and rear mains. If it didn't run so darned good I'd have it rebuilt. Never see a used lower mileage 5 liter for sale.

good truck
By mothertrucker on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had a good experience with the truck. The truck looks aggressive and has a classic design. The 302 sounds really good with glaspacks on it. The previous owner was pretty rough with it, so the bed is starting to have a few rust spots. Fuel economy is decent, if I keep my foot out of it. Most of the repairs done stem from previous owner's abuse. Replaced brakes, master cylinder, fixed some body damage. Very good drivability, with good acceleration and handling. I love my truck!

By Charles Kane on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I take very good care of this truck as it my only transportation. I have replaced: 4 fan belts and tensioners, power steering unit, master cylinder twice, brakes twice, radiator, front gas tank,emergency brake cables twice, tires 4 times, tie rods, wind shield, wiper blades twice, tail pipe clamp twice, radio, front end alinement twice, various lamps, bolts, hoses, etc. I change oil and filter every 2 months, air filter every 6 months, and check tire pressure frequently.

A very well-built truck
By Wolfy on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Although I've only had my '94 F-150 extended cab pickup a few months I've found it to be very reliable, well- built and surprisingly comfortable on extended trips. The paint quality is amazing! The finish, even after 111,000 miles, still has a like-new gloss and I'm positive it hasn't been repainted. Some problems: shortly after I bought it I discovered the flywheel was warped and had to be replaced. I don't know if this has been a problem on other F150s with the 302V8 or unique to mine. I've also had some electrical and heater vacuum problems in the interior. But overall, I love the truck!