Used 1994 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

One tough Ford
By jtalabama

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just received this truck 2 days before thanksgiving. It was towed to my house by flatbed after sitting 8 years in a field. The truck ran when it was parked in December of 06 after the owner had a stroke and then passed away. After making the determination that the 4.9L (300 cid) engine would turn over, I started to work on cleaning it up, giving a good tune up and replacing the fuel tanks, fuel pumps, and sending units as well as all the hoses, and belt. A new battery, a set of new tires, the truck cranked right up and has been excellent to run. After 500 miles, I drained the oil, and it looked just as clean as it was the day I put it in.

I love the 1994 body style of the truck. The manual transmission, and the power it gives, makes it really fun to drive.

Just keeps going and going.....
By f1504eva

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The more I read the horror stories of new and late model vehicles, the more I love my 1994 F150. At 18 yrs old (with reg maint) it just never lets me down. Its nothing fancy and i do use it for what it was intended for, but with just regular maint, it doesnt cost me a fortune to operate. It is a 5 litre V8 XLT 2wd reg cab with an 8 ft box and is my daily driver and I just love the design of the 1992-96 F150s. l also love the looks of the 04 and later F150s, but after reading consumer reviews here on Edmunds, i think I'll stick to my 'Ol Reliable trusty "94. Just like they say....they dont make 'em like they used to. Old Fords never die, they just keep going and going.....

Great design. Nice ride and excellent reliability. 8 ft box. Almost all new trucks have short boxes and cant accomodate a full sheet of 4x8 drywall or plywood.

Ford Boy Till The End
By FordBoy1990

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

i bought this truck from a family friend and i love it! it has a 3in lift sitting on 33 in Kumho tires. I love making heads turn when i drive by. even though I've only had it a short time, it has been very reliable and yes, FORD TOUGH! only problems I've had is the brake lines had to be replaced and it makes a squealing noise when i let off the gas to break. of anybody knows what that is please let me know! this is my second f150 but my favorite so far. love my truck!

5.8 L 351 engine, the exterior design is rugged and looks awesome!

Gas mileage, but hey, it's a truck! :)

Ford trucks can usually take hard hits
By seth

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I used to own a 1980 ford f150 standard cab long bed, maybe 10 accidents, 5 switched engines, 4 switched tailgates, and one switched radio and some tires switch from time to time. the truck probably had over 700,000 miles on it and 100,000 cords of firewood delivered on it. still running.over 400 horsepower.work beast.beat the hell out of it and it never took a rest. it could burn out with 1500 lbs in the back. 8 mpg though. sold it back to my dad and got a new (new to me)1994 f150 automatic 2wd extended cab long bed. great truck, better mpg, but not nearly as much power as my old 400 hrse powered truck. I feel fancy driving my newer ford. And everyone should have a ford truck. for cars i would go kia

built strong real metal, not that plastic stuff. when you crash. your vehicle will be in much better shape than the other persons. one accident the other car got completely totaled and my truck only had paint scratches and tail lights broken. paid $20 to replace then back on road. yay.

I wish my 94 f150 had more torque.and better mpg. but the more torque the worse mpg. but mostly i want gas prices to drop. its no longer "gas" it's "darn that costs too much" fuel.

Gotta Love Your Work Horse
By Cortez777CJ

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Well I bought this truck back in 2006 before I Joined the Marine Corps and used it for pleasure and work Id have to say drivin back and forth over the years has defiantly thrown some miles on it 250k but it still purrs like the day I bought It I pulled more then 2& a half tons with it and had no problem what so ever Used it as my own business truck and took my date to prom So I've never had one problem just regular maintenance and a lot of TLC

That beautiful 5.0 under the hood and the bench seat int the back

I lifted Mine about six inches and added nothin but performance extras