Used 1994 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

One of the most reliable and enduring vehiclesos
By Abel Carreon

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

It is very reliable, you can practically take it anywhere. It is comfortable and very strong.

Best used truck for the money!!!
By Richard

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Asking relatives to borrow their truck is like asking to borrow their most prized possession. I bought a used 1994 F150 as a beater and run about. Though I own three vehicles total, This is the one I drive the most. I feel safe driving in it. It's been super reliable. I purchased a camper shell and now whatever I want to throw into the truck bed is secure. The prior owner was a mechanic so everything was in working order when I bought it for the princely sum of $1,450. Bought it sometime around 2011. It's 5 years later and I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it. It could use a repainting and their were some dents but it's never failed me and starts on the first crank. Oh, did I mention how one of those mentioned relatives asked to borrow my truck? Two gas tanks on this baby. One gets low, switch to the other tank. Love, love, love my red beater Ford Truck. I really like the body shape from that era. I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

I still own and drive my old beater Ford. The only major expenditure since the last review has been to fix my A/C which needed a new compressor and some other parts to it. It's now my daily driver. Love, love, love my beater Ford truck!!!

One tough Ford
By jtalabama

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just received this truck 2 days before thanksgiving. It was towed to my house by flatbed after sitting 8 years in a field. The truck ran when it was parked in December of 06 after the owner had a stroke and then passed away. After making the determination that the 4.9L (300 cid) engine would turn over, I started to work on cleaning it up, giving a good tune up and replacing the fuel tanks, fuel pumps, and sending units as well as all the hoses, and belt. A new battery, a set of new tires, the truck cranked right up and has been excellent to run. After 500 miles, I drained the oil, and it looked just as clean as it was the day I put it in.

I love the 1994 body style of the truck. The manual transmission, and the power it gives, makes it really fun to drive.

Just keeps going and going.....
By f1504eva

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The more I read the horror stories of new and late model vehicles, the more I love my 1994 F150.
At 18 yrs old (with reg maint) it just never lets me down. Its nothing fancy and i do use it for what it was intended for, but with just regular maint, it doesnt cost me a fortune to operate. It is a 5 litre V8 XLT 2wd reg cab with an 8 ft box and is my daily driver and I just love the design of the 1992-96 F150s.
l also love the looks of the 04 and later F150s, but
after reading consumer reviews here on Edmunds, i think I'll stick to my 'Ol Reliable trusty "94.
Just like they say....they dont make 'em like they used to.
Old Fords never die, they just keep going and going.....

Great design. Nice ride and excellent reliability. 8 ft box. Almost all new trucks have short boxes and cant accomodate a full sheet of 4x8 drywall or plywood.

Ford Boy Till The End
By FordBoy1990

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

i bought this truck from a family friend and i love it! it has a 3in lift sitting on 33 in Kumho tires. I love making heads turn when i drive by. even though I've only had it a short time, it has been very reliable and yes, FORD TOUGH! only problems I've had is the brake lines had to be replaced and it makes a squealing noise when i let off the gas to break. of anybody knows what that is please let me know! this is my second f150 but my favorite so far. love my truck!

5.8 L 351 engine, the exterior design is rugged and looks awesome!

Gas mileage, but hey, it's a truck! :)