1993 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Could not ask for more
By jim patterson on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 190,000 and have little to no problems. 96,000 I rebuilt the Tran due to pulling to heavy of a trailor. replaced a raidator, orignial water pump just becuse. Also a master cylinder. I have a V8 5.8L at 180,000 checked the compression and found only a 2-3 pound difference than spec call for. I have used PROLONG OIL aditive every 40,000 and to date use no oil at 3,000 miles. In a 190,000 I have spent maybe 4,000 in repair including all maintance.

I Miss My Truck
By skirksmith on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I just lost this truck to an accident. I had 132500 miles on it with nothing more than a belt and hose change. This was the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Can't think of life without it
By scozim on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 1992 with 11 miles on the odometer. Outside of some basic repairs like the water pump, mufflers, shocks, warped brake rotors it has been flawless in its reliability. The old venerable 302 lives up to heritage. The bench seats are a little uncomfortable on long hauls. My dad is still amazed 10 1/2 years later how quiet this truck is and how well it rides down the road.

My Truck
By duedetroyer on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This vehicle was a "trade-down" when I needed to get rid of a mini-van. It ended up being anything but a trade- down. I have over 211,000 miles on it and have had very few problems.

Only 135,000 miles so far
By Ellis on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great on road and off. The best truck I've ever owned. Has the stronger twin traction beam front end that was replaced with the girlly-boy car suspension in the front that ford went to when the rules for off road racing changed. Finding a well maintained used vehicle is a must for reliability. I got lucky with this one.

fyi
By c.d. on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

great looking-excellent condition. no visible damage to body. interior is immaculate and rear bed is very clean.