1993 Ford F-150 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Could not ask for more
By jim patterson

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 190,000 and have little to no problems. 96,000 I rebuilt the Tran due to pulling to heavy of a trailor. replaced a raidator, orignial water pump just becuse. Also a master cylinder. I have a V8 5.8L at 180,000 checked the compression and found only a 2-3 pound difference than spec call for. I have used PROLONG OIL aditive every 40,000 and to date use no oil at 3,000 miles. In a 190,000 I have spent maybe 4,000 in repair including all maintance.

Favorite Features

I have always been a GM onwer. Not anymore at least as far as trucks go Maintaining your vechiel is very inportant This F150 has never left me stranded. can't say that for GM.

Suggested Improvements

none at this time

I Miss My Truck
By skirksmith

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I just lost this truck to an accident. I had 132500 miles on it with nothing more than a belt and hose change. This was the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Kepps on going... and going... and going...

Suggested Improvements

Bench seats were uncomfortable. A little under powered. The distance of the brake pedal from the floor made stop-n-go urban driving a pain in the leg.

Can't think of life without it
By scozim

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 1992 with 11 miles on the odometer. Outside of some basic repairs like the water pump, mufflers, shocks, warped brake rotors it has been flawless in its reliability. The old venerable 302 lives up to heritage. The bench seats are a little uncomfortable on long hauls. My dad is still amazed 10 1/2 years later how quiet this truck is and how well it rides down the road.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability and flexibility.

Suggested Improvements

The power on this 302 is pitiful. I've always planned to change the rear end gears, put on a new exhaust, upper intake manifolds, etc. Just haven't gotten around to it. Mileage has never been up to the original EPA ratings either.

My Truck
By duedetroyer

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This vehicle was a "trade-down" when I needed to get rid of a mini-van. It ended up being anything but a trade- down. I have over 211,000 miles on it and have had very few problems.

Favorite Features

Reliabiltity, ride, most everything.

Suggested Improvements

Move right hand radius arm mount further from catalytic converter. Wanders, since new. Power steering pump noisy...can tell a Ford F150 in the dark...or without looking.

Only 135,000 miles so far
By Ellis

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great on road and off. The best truck I've ever owned. Has the stronger twin traction beam front end that was replaced with the girlly-boy car suspension in the front that ford went to when the rules for off road racing changed. Finding a well maintained used vehicle is a must for reliability. I got lucky with this one.

Favorite Features

The V-8. Awesome power. Much peppier than my old 2000 Jeep Cherokee 4L.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the little girl on road suspension of the newer trucks and give us back the strength of the Twin Traction Beam suspension

fyi
By c.d.

1993 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

great looking-excellent condition. no visible damage to body. interior is immaculate and rear bed is very clean.

Favorite Features

gear shift