1993 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best Truck I've had
By stress369 on 02/14/09 16:00 PM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've always been a GM guy. Well I have now changed my mind. This is a great truck, lots of pep! The get up and go coming from the 5.0 is great. The only thing that I do not like is how much lower it sets than it's GM counterpart.

Ford Tough
By fordy on 08/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck with 2000 miles on it, it has been very reliable. 351-v8, usual maintance stuff, brakes, water pump, starter, hoses belts, battery, changed tranny oil (auto) every 30000 and never had any problems, though have never really towed anything heavy for a long distance. Great simple reliable. I wish the new trucks were not so complicated to work on. Oil change every 3000 and still runs strong. Would I buy a new one, not till this one dies and hopefully not for a long time.

Favorite Vehicle I've ever driven!
By Pilot on 02/04/08 09:40 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This truck is awesome! I have owned three vehicles prior and this one is by far my favorite. Won't buy another vehicle till this one is dead. If it ever gets to that point.

Fun Work Truck
By Willy on 05/08/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Amazing work truck that can hold up to what ever a fast 17 year old can throw at it, work or play!

spirited driver
By fireball9m on 04/16/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i go every where with my truck like soft sand, huge hills, mud, around town, towing and on the highway. This is the best thing that I've ever bought.

Ages poorly
By whofan on 09/10/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

My Ford mechanically was a good truck as far as repairs go. The problem is in northern states this truck will fall apart. Rear spring shackles made out of thin gauge steel, rusted through. Oil pan on engine rusted through. Radiator core support rusted through at body mounts. All this on a well cared for truck with minimal body rust. The rear springs were soft for a truck. The 5.0 engine a good motor reliability wise but was a gutless pig. 10 mpg 2WD truck. This model truck was designed in 1980 with yearly updates. Ford was way late in '97 to update their truck. A Chevrolet was a better truck for this year. The Ford was better looking with a nicer interior but a dinosaur; it showed behind the wheel.

f150 review
By smith1228 on 08/09/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 S 2dr Regular Cab LB

The only problem I've ever had with my F-150 was a windshield wiper malfunction that was covered under warranty - I have had it 12 years and it is just as reliable today as the day I bought it. Love it!

Hey, its a truck!
By yoji6365 on 12/03/04 19:26 PM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Not great for towing serious loads, fuel economy was kind of low, very low. The previous owner had the tranny fixed at least twice so it's not that great for loads or construction work. Might need a bigger Ford. But it served its purpose for light hauling and basic work truck.

I will never say "ford sucks" ever again
By 4rdgirl4ever on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is absolutely amazing. I have the Inline 6 cylinder engine and it is the strongest, most reliable engine. Never any problems, and even though I try to abuse it, it won't have it, it just keeps on truckin'. I used to be a ford hater, but wow has this truck proved me wrong!

best truck i've ever owned
By seanhanson on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I love this truck. the handling and power are exceptional for the engine size. it looks and feels great. everything about the instruments and switches(such as the blinkers, windshield washers etc.) are right where i need them. Two gas tanks is an exceptional feature. Keep up the good work!