Used 1993 Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My baby is about to come of age
By taffiecat

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, 17 years ago I bought my little F150 stepside. It now has 90,000 miles and still drives like new. It has the original everything, clutch, glass, everything except tires, brakes, and automatic window gizmos. The truck starts up and gets me everywhere I need to go. It still pulls the trailer when needed with no problem. As for looks, she turns heads pretty much everywhere I go. The ride is smooth all the time, but put a load in the back and it is like sitting in a rocking chair. This is the best purchase I ever made. Other than regular maintenance, has needed minimal care.

The ride is great: smooth as glass. Reliable. Cute as a bug.

The electric window motors burn out every 7 or eight years. Also, the shifter knobs have had some problems.

Just Bought One With 216,000
By ajs1987

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've been reading these reviews, and I recently purchased a 93' F150 with 216,000 miles on it for $500. I knew going into this that it would need at least another $1,500 of work. Basically a major tune up (oil change/filter, belts/hoses, new universal joints, antifreeze). Some more of the items replaced were just precautionary to bring this truck a step up from where it was. I bought this from a guy who lives in California and drove it across the country several times. He also had a daily route to work of 100 miles back and forth. Since there's little humidity in California you wouldn't be able to tell from under the truck that it had so many miles. Virtually no rust.

if you're going to buy an older truck with a lot of miles you have to know the right people to be able to afford bringing it to where you want to have it for a while