Used 1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Saved from the crusher !!!
By tom topor

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

If you want reliable, and smooth ride the f150 has it.

buried her today
By robertreid40

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought mine as a leftover in January of 94. I've had 462,742 pleasure filled miles. Never once did she ever leave me stranded.

By far the best I've ever owned. Going to look for another one today. That's why I was here.

My baby is about to come of age
By taffiecat

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, 17 years ago I bought my little F150 stepside. It now has 90,000 miles and still drives like new. It has the original everything, clutch, glass, everything except tires, brakes, and automatic window gizmos. The truck starts up and gets me everywhere I need to go. It still pulls the trailer when needed with no problem. As for looks, she turns heads pretty much everywhere I go. The ride is smooth all the time, but put a load in the back and it is like sitting in a rocking chair. This is the best purchase I ever made. Other than regular maintenance, has needed minimal care.

The ride is great: smooth as glass. Reliable. Cute as a bug.

The electric window motors burn out every 7 or eight years. Also, the shifter knobs have had some problems.

Just Bought One With 216,000
By ajs1987

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've been reading these reviews, and I recently purchased a 93' F150 with 216,000 miles on it for $500. I knew going into this that it would need at least another $1,500 of work. Basically a major tune up (oil change/filter, belts/hoses, new universal joints, antifreeze). Some more of the items replaced were just precautionary to bring this truck a step up from where it was. I bought this from a guy who lives in California and drove it across the country several times. He also had a daily route to work of 100 miles back and forth. Since there's little humidity in California you wouldn't be able to tell from under the truck that it had so many miles. Virtually no rust.

if you're going to buy an older truck with a lot of miles you have to know the right people to be able to afford bringing it to where you want to have it for a while

Bought This As My Son's First Car
By Slo

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Got this used for $800. Needed another $1200 to get it into good mechanical condition. Interior is still very nice; the body is rusty in the usual Michigan places. 205+K miles on the straight six w/auto trans ... still runs PERFECTLY. Amazing powertrain.

The straight-six motor. Overall reliability. Hooks up real well for 2wd.

More rust-resistance ... the driver's seat belt mount rusted out completely! I welded in some angle iron. I hope it holds!