1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
buried her today
By robertreid40 on 06/08/13 02:16 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought mine as a leftover in January of 94. I've had 462,742 pleasure filled miles. Never once did she ever leave me stranded. By far the best I've ever owned. Going to look for another one today. That's why I was here.

My baby is about to come of age
By taffiecat on 03/20/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, 17 years ago I bought my little F150 stepside. It now has 90,000 miles and still drives like new. It has the original everything, clutch, glass, everything except tires, brakes, and automatic window gizmos. The truck starts up and gets me everywhere I need to go. It still pulls the trailer when needed with no problem. As for looks, she turns heads pretty much everywhere I go. The ride is smooth all the time, but put a load in the back and it is like sitting in a rocking chair. This is the best purchase I ever made. Other than regular maintenance, has needed minimal care.

Just Bought One With 216,000
By ajs1987 on 06/16/10 23:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've been reading these reviews, and I recently purchased a 93' F150 with 216,000 miles on it for $500. I knew going into this that it would need at least another $1,500 of work. Basically a major tune up (oil change/filter, belts/hoses, new universal joints, antifreeze). Some more of the items replaced were just precautionary to bring this truck a step up from where it was. I bought this from a guy who lives in California and drove it across the country several times. He also had a daily route to work of 100 miles back and forth. Since there's little humidity in California you wouldn't be able to tell from under the truck that it had so many miles. Virtually no rust.

Bought This As My Son's First Car
By Slo on 03/23/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Got this used for $800. Needed another $1200 to get it into good mechanical condition. Interior is still very nice; the body is rusty in the usual Michigan places. 205+K miles on the straight six w/auto trans ... still runs PERFECTLY. Amazing powertrain.

Great truck
By green truck on 03/19/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

i bought if off my brother in law in 05, it has the famous 4.9 strait six and at 16 years old it is more reliable then a some brand new cars i have drove. never stranded me and is a daily driver. i see these trucks all over the road as if they never get old.

200000 miles and still out running chevy
By preston on 10/03/09 21:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

three owners and still 7.8 secs to 80 mph. small repairs like tires, brakes, belt, and heater core. but other than that all orignal parts in almost 20 years. a few scratches and one dent in the bumper. none of my doing. but still looks like new no paint fadeing like dodge or chevy. woludnt think of getting rid of it ever.

Best Truck I've had
By stress369 on 02/14/09 16:00 PM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've always been a GM guy. Well I have now changed my mind. This is a great truck, lots of pep! The get up and go coming from the 5.0 is great. The only thing that I do not like is how much lower it sets than it's GM counterpart.

Favorite Vehicle I've ever driven!
By Pilot on 02/04/08 09:40 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This truck is awesome! I have owned three vehicles prior and this one is by far my favorite. Won't buy another vehicle till this one is dead. If it ever gets to that point.

Ages poorly
By whofan on 09/10/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

My Ford mechanically was a good truck as far as repairs go. The problem is in northern states this truck will fall apart. Rear spring shackles made out of thin gauge steel, rusted through. Oil pan on engine rusted through. Radiator core support rusted through at body mounts. All this on a well cared for truck with minimal body rust. The rear springs were soft for a truck. The 5.0 engine a good motor reliability wise but was a gutless pig. 10 mpg 2WD truck. This model truck was designed in 1980 with yearly updates. Ford was way late in '97 to update their truck. A Chevrolet was a better truck for this year. The Ford was better looking with a nicer interior but a dinosaur; it showed behind the wheel.

f150 review
By smith1228 on 08/09/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab LB

The only problem I've ever had with my F-150 was a windshield wiper malfunction that was covered under warranty - I have had it 12 years and it is just as reliable today as the day I bought it. Love it!