Used 1993 Ford F-150 XLT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Awesome Truck
By Good Driving Truck

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 93 f150 in 1997 with 40,000 miles, i now got 217,000 and still runs like new! This truck is very Reliable as long as you keep up to date and well maintained. For being an old hunk of truck, its a very nice ride (if you don't mind a little noise on the side) and hauls great. This truck has never let me down. I've had a 07 Chevy 1500 and Ram 1500 (almost NEW work trucks) with less than 200 miles, both tranny's blew at around 124- 135,000 miles, the rams engine even went at 150,000.("these trucks were just for driving state to state with little or no cargo") That leaves me to say that the 93 f150 is more reliable than most newer models trucks.

Favorite Features

302 5.0

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, better find ways to improve your Mpg!

Could not ask for more
By jim patterson

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 190,000 and have little to no problems. 96,000 I rebuilt the Tran due to pulling to heavy of a trailor. replaced a raidator, orignial water pump just becuse. Also a master cylinder. I have a V8 5.8L at 180,000 checked the compression and found only a 2-3 pound difference than spec call for. I have used PROLONG OIL aditive every 40,000 and to date use no oil at 3,000 miles. In a 190,000 I have spent maybe 4,000 in repair including all maintance.

Favorite Features

I have always been a GM onwer. Not anymore at least as far as trucks go Maintaining your vechiel is very inportant This F150 has never left me stranded. can't say that for GM.

Suggested Improvements

none at this time