1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Awesome Truck
By Good Driving Truck on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 93 f150 in 1997 with 40,000 miles, i now got 217,000 and still runs like new! This truck is very Reliable as long as you keep up to date and well maintained. For being an old hunk of truck, its a very nice ride (if you don't mind a little noise on the side) and hauls great. This truck has never let me down. I've had a 07 Chevy 1500 and Ram 1500 (almost NEW work trucks) with less than 200 miles, both tranny's blew at around 124- 135,000 miles, the rams engine even went at 150,000.("these trucks were just for driving state to state with little or no cargo") That leaves me to say that the 93 f150 is more reliable than most newer models trucks.

Rebuilding "Bullet"
By buffaloman on 04/04/10 15:46 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Previously I had a 1997 F 150 that after 295,000 miles the engine finally failed. So i was broke and needed a trailer puller. Ended up with a 93 extended cab 351W 4x4 long bed with trailer package. It had 135k on it when i bought it's now 147. I have replaced the engine with a 351 RV improved remanufactured engine. I think I have a tranny problem so the power is not good. The mileage is about 12 mpg which will be an issue when fuel gets to $4.00 a gallon. It is a daily driver now. For the money that you will spend on a new truck, this is a good value. Even if you invest in a rebuilt motor and tranny. It gets you down the road.

Hunk of Junk!
By m_pibb on 02/16/10 17:36 PM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This truck has left me stranded multiple times. Sure, its good looking, but thats about it. Its constantly breaking down. Its at 182,000 miles and its like it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Maybe back in the day it was a good truck, but it does not age well at all. Oh yeah, Paint fades badly, and the vehicle rusts a lot.

A Rolling Legend
By RideGreen on 06/25/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

We have had this truck for 13 1/2 years now and it has really shown why the F150s are so legendary. From the excellent looks, to the comfortable modern interior, and the excellent drivetrain durability this truck has converted are former Chevy man to a die hard Ford Fan! This truck now has 177,000 miles on it and is used daily for everything from commuting to work, carting around the dirt bikes, and hauling all kinds of heavy stuff from stone to scrap metal and it does it like a champ. The Extended cab is definatly the way to go. If it wasnt for the Western Mass winters and the liberal use of road salt around here eating it alive, Id run this thing for ever!

Ford Tough
By fordy on 08/21/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck with 2000 miles on it, it has been very reliable. 351-v8, usual maintance stuff, brakes, water pump, starter, hoses belts, battery, changed tranny oil (auto) every 30000 and never had any problems, though have never really towed anything heavy for a long distance. Great simple reliable. I wish the new trucks were not so complicated to work on. Oil change every 3000 and still runs strong. Would I buy a new one, not till this one dies and hopefully not for a long time.

Fun Work Truck
By Willy on 05/08/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Amazing work truck that can hold up to what ever a fast 17 year old can throw at it, work or play!

spirited driver
By fireball9m on 04/16/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i go every where with my truck like soft sand, huge hills, mud, around town, towing and on the highway. This is the best thing that I've ever bought.

Could not ask for more
By jim patterson on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 190,000 and have little to no problems. 96,000 I rebuilt the Tran due to pulling to heavy of a trailor. replaced a raidator, orignial water pump just becuse. Also a master cylinder. I have a V8 5.8L at 180,000 checked the compression and found only a 2-3 pound difference than spec call for. I have used PROLONG OIL aditive every 40,000 and to date use no oil at 3,000 miles. In a 190,000 I have spent maybe 4,000 in repair including all maintance.

Can't think of life without it
By scozim on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 1992 with 11 miles on the odometer. Outside of some basic repairs like the water pump, mufflers, shocks, warped brake rotors it has been flawless in its reliability. The old venerable 302 lives up to heritage. The bench seats are a little uncomfortable on long hauls. My dad is still amazed 10 1/2 years later how quiet this truck is and how well it rides down the road.

Only 135,000 miles so far
By Ellis on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great on road and off. The best truck I've ever owned. Has the stronger twin traction beam front end that was replaced with the girlly-boy car suspension in the front that ford went to when the rules for off road racing changed. Finding a well maintained used vehicle is a must for reliability. I got lucky with this one.