1993 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
buried her today
By robertreid40 on 06/08/13 02:16 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought mine as a leftover in January of 94. I've had 462,742 pleasure filled miles. Never once did she ever leave me stranded. By far the best I've ever owned. Going to look for another one today. That's why I was here.

My baby is about to come of age
By taffiecat on 03/20/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, 17 years ago I bought my little F150 stepside. It now has 90,000 miles and still drives like new. It has the original everything, clutch, glass, everything except tires, brakes, and automatic window gizmos. The truck starts up and gets me everywhere I need to go. It still pulls the trailer when needed with no problem. As for looks, she turns heads pretty much everywhere I go. The ride is smooth all the time, but put a load in the back and it is like sitting in a rocking chair. This is the best purchase I ever made. Other than regular maintenance, has needed minimal care.

Awesome Truck
By Good Driving Truck on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 93 f150 in 1997 with 40,000 miles, i now got 217,000 and still runs like new! This truck is very Reliable as long as you keep up to date and well maintained. For being an old hunk of truck, its a very nice ride (if you don't mind a little noise on the side) and hauls great. This truck has never let me down. I've had a 07 Chevy 1500 and Ram 1500 (almost NEW work trucks) with less than 200 miles, both tranny's blew at around 124- 135,000 miles, the rams engine even went at 150,000.("these trucks were just for driving state to state with little or no cargo") That leaves me to say that the 93 f150 is more reliable than most newer models trucks.

Just Bought One With 216,000
By ajs1987 on 06/16/10 23:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've been reading these reviews, and I recently purchased a 93' F150 with 216,000 miles on it for $500. I knew going into this that it would need at least another $1,500 of work. Basically a major tune up (oil change/filter, belts/hoses, new universal joints, antifreeze). Some more of the items replaced were just precautionary to bring this truck a step up from where it was. I bought this from a guy who lives in California and drove it across the country several times. He also had a daily route to work of 100 miles back and forth. Since there's little humidity in California you wouldn't be able to tell from under the truck that it had so many miles. Virtually no rust.

Rebuilding "Bullet"
By buffaloman on 04/04/10 15:46 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Previously I had a 1997 F 150 that after 295,000 miles the engine finally failed. So i was broke and needed a trailer puller. Ended up with a 93 extended cab 351W 4x4 long bed with trailer package. It had 135k on it when i bought it's now 147. I have replaced the engine with a 351 RV improved remanufactured engine. I think I have a tranny problem so the power is not good. The mileage is about 12 mpg which will be an issue when fuel gets to $4.00 a gallon. It is a daily driver now. For the money that you will spend on a new truck, this is a good value. Even if you invest in a rebuilt motor and tranny. It gets you down the road.

Bought This As My Son's First Car
By Slo on 03/23/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Got this used for $800. Needed another $1200 to get it into good mechanical condition. Interior is still very nice; the body is rusty in the usual Michigan places. 205+K miles on the straight six w/auto trans ... still runs PERFECTLY. Amazing powertrain.

Great truck
By green truck on 03/19/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

i bought if off my brother in law in 05, it has the famous 4.9 strait six and at 16 years old it is more reliable then a some brand new cars i have drove. never stranded me and is a daily driver. i see these trucks all over the road as if they never get old.

Hunk of Junk!
By m_pibb on 02/16/10 17:36 PM (PST)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This truck has left me stranded multiple times. Sure, its good looking, but thats about it. Its constantly breaking down. Its at 182,000 miles and its like it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Maybe back in the day it was a good truck, but it does not age well at all. Oh yeah, Paint fades badly, and the vehicle rusts a lot.

200000 miles and still out running chevy
By preston on 10/03/09 21:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

three owners and still 7.8 secs to 80 mph. small repairs like tires, brakes, belt, and heater core. but other than that all orignal parts in almost 20 years. a few scratches and one dent in the bumper. none of my doing. but still looks like new no paint fadeing like dodge or chevy. woludnt think of getting rid of it ever.

A Rolling Legend
By RideGreen on 06/25/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

We have had this truck for 13 1/2 years now and it has really shown why the F150s are so legendary. From the excellent looks, to the comfortable modern interior, and the excellent drivetrain durability this truck has converted are former Chevy man to a die hard Ford Fan! This truck now has 177,000 miles on it and is used daily for everything from commuting to work, carting around the dirt bikes, and hauling all kinds of heavy stuff from stone to scrap metal and it does it like a champ. The Extended cab is definatly the way to go. If it wasnt for the Western Mass winters and the liberal use of road salt around here eating it alive, Id run this thing for ever!