Used 1993 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

buried her today
By robertreid40

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought mine as a leftover in January of 94. I've had 462,742 pleasure filled miles. Never once did she ever leave me stranded. By far the best I've ever owned. Going to look for another one today. That's why I was here.

My baby is about to come of age
By taffiecat

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well, 17 years ago I bought my little F150 stepside. It now has 90,000 miles and still drives like new. It has the original everything, clutch, glass, everything except tires, brakes, and automatic window gizmos. The truck starts up and gets me everywhere I need to go. It still pulls the trailer when needed with no problem. As for looks, she turns heads pretty much everywhere I go. The ride is smooth all the time, but put a load in the back and it is like sitting in a rocking chair. This is the best purchase I ever made. Other than regular maintenance, has needed minimal care.

Favorite Features

The ride is great: smooth as glass. Reliable. Cute as a bug.

Suggested Improvements

The electric window motors burn out every 7 or eight years. Also, the shifter knobs have had some problems.

Awesome Truck
By Good Driving Truck

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 93 f150 in 1997 with 40,000 miles, i now got 217,000 and still runs like new! This truck is very Reliable as long as you keep up to date and well maintained. For being an old hunk of truck, its a very nice ride (if you don't mind a little noise on the side) and hauls great. This truck has never let me down. I've had a 07 Chevy 1500 and Ram 1500 (almost NEW work trucks) with less than 200 miles, both tranny's blew at around 124- 135,000 miles, the rams engine even went at 150,000.("these trucks were just for driving state to state with little or no cargo") That leaves me to say that the 93 f150 is more reliable than most newer models trucks.

Favorite Features

302 5.0

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, better find ways to improve your Mpg!

Just Bought One With 216,000
By ajs1987

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've been reading these reviews, and I recently purchased a 93' F150 with 216,000 miles on it for $500. I knew going into this that it would need at least another $1,500 of work. Basically a major tune up (oil change/filter, belts/hoses, new universal joints, antifreeze). Some more of the items replaced were just precautionary to bring this truck a step up from where it was. I bought this from a guy who lives in California and drove it across the country several times. He also had a daily route to work of 100 miles back and forth. Since there's little humidity in California you wouldn't be able to tell from under the truck that it had so many miles. Virtually no rust.

Suggested Improvements

if you're going to buy an older truck with a lot of miles you have to know the right people to be able to afford bringing it to where you want to have it for a while

Rebuilding "Bullet"
By buffaloman

1993 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Previously I had a 1997 F 150 that after 295,000 miles the engine finally failed. So i was broke and needed a trailer puller. Ended up with a 93 extended cab 351W 4x4 long bed with trailer package. It had 135k on it when i bought it's now 147. I have replaced the engine with a 351 RV improved remanufactured engine. I think I have a tranny problem so the power is not good. The mileage is about 12 mpg which will be an issue when fuel gets to $4.00 a gallon. It is a daily driver now. For the money that you will spend on a new truck, this is a good value. Even if you invest in a rebuilt motor and tranny. It gets you down the road.

Favorite Features

body style, long bed, extended cab paint scheme.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, smoother ride, rust resistant nuts and bolts, tougher upholstery fabric