F.O.R.D.
By jazzbeau on
1992 Ford F-150 S 2dr Regular Cab LB
I bought this truck new,and it was fine until the odometer hit 39k miles. Then prematurely, the power steering pump went south! Of course Ford turned their back on me, that soon after the expiration of the warranty. So, $380 later I can steer like I should be able to. At 65k, all of the steering parts needed to be replaced. Then finally at 81k the transmission went, taking with it the radiator and transmission cooler. Seems it was a defective transmission, as it never shifted right. The dealer said that was normal lol ... and then the lines all plugged up from this type of premature wear. I later found out that this was a common problem on Ford AOD trannies. I'll never buy another Ford again! Fix Or Repair Daily.
Favorite Features
Torquey motor - bullet proof it seemed. But the rear main knocked a lot. Was never a real problem though. Was again told that was a commonality of this motor. Had decent mpg for a full size truck. At 60 mph, I registered 19.4 mpg on a 250 mile trip. My average mpg was between 14 and 18 overall - not bad!
Suggested Improvements
Just the overall lack of quality. Ford really needs to look at their products and start putting some quality back in their designs. To have the problems I had after having all maintenance requirements fulfilled is a sad and expensive lesson. Shame on you F.O.R.D.