1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My Iron Maiden
By Sarah G. on 01/12/10 09:34 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Was a bit skeptical upon purchasing vehicle. The two American vehicles I owned previous were junk, including a Ford Taurus. Bought for the straight six motor. Proved to be a very reliable vehicle. I drove it only sporadically because it was my 2nd vehicle. Started up everytime, even during the coldest New England mornings. I replaced the battery and oil pan during the time I owned it (both were pretty old). Was just about as reliable as my '93 Honda Civic. I'm kicking myself for selling it, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

I Love my FlareSide
By Louie on 03/12/08 00:22 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I reccived this as my first truck when I turned 16. My dad purchased a brand new Ford FlareSide 4x4 with a mighty 5.8L V8 motor. I love it, the only problems that need to be fixed in the next some odd miles is the Transmission (234823). Speed is there when you need it and the stock dual exhaust is loud. Bumps, mud, water, and sand can't hold this truck back. The cab is a bit small for a 6ft tall guy. I replaced the stock sound system with a Sony XPLOD complete system. Seat belts stop locking after a while and need to be replaced. AC Compressor shreds belts after a hundred miles so thats on a list for me to find. Over all this truck is fast and powerful beast

F.O.R.D.
By jazzbeau on 06/14/06 02:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck new,and it was fine until the odometer hit 39k miles. Then prematurely, the power steering pump went south! Of course Ford turned their back on me, that soon after the expiration of the warranty. So, $380 later I can steer like I should be able to. At 65k, all of the steering parts needed to be replaced. Then finally at 81k the transmission went, taking with it the radiator and transmission cooler. Seems it was a defective transmission, as it never shifted right. The dealer said that was normal lol ... and then the lines all plugged up from this type of premature wear. I later found out that this was a common problem on Ford AOD trannies. I'll never buy another Ford again! Fix Or Repair Daily.

great truck
By trk2621 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I've had my pickup for almost 2 years now, and I had no problems at all. It runs and looks fine!

Great work truck
By couleeman on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a great work truck. You cannot kill it. I have the 300-6 with the 5 speed, and put on alot of miles on a year with no problems yet.

its a work truck people`
By work truck user on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

If you use a truck for what its ment for this truck is great. The 4wd system hasent failed me yet. i went tru last winter and was able to dirve the truck thru all the snow we got and still pull people out of snow banks. the 5.0 is a good strong motor i havent had to replace anything but a u joint and some tires but that is normal usage of a 4wd truck. If you dont like upkeep dont buy a 4wd but deffently buy a ford the out last all the others.

my opion on mytype of truck
By jefflmc02 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

i love my truck and all its features

Ford eaten dodge shitin chevy
By Dr.Traa on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My truck is built tough and can handle what ever I put it to. Wheather it be off road or on road it is very dependable. It will run for a long time. Its for sale too!

My Truck
By F1501625 on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 5.0L has plenty of power after you put some aftermarket parts on it. Like headers, flowmaster mufflers, and lower it for decent handling. bad thing is, the engine is not very economic. right now i'm probably getting 14-16 MPG on highway. i've installed a few performance upgrades and i'm very satisfied with the truck, holds up well under competition. The transmission has much to be desired, it has delayed shifting at high RPMs, and the aluminum gears arent the best for racing. the truck is light, and powerful.

Reliable work truck
By RodVanBeek on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

At 144,000 I still have not had an engine problem - it still runs like new. I had to replace the transmission at 130,000 miles, but I do tow a heavy trailer all the time, so I think that's to be expected. In fact, my trailer is heavier than this truck is rated for, and the truck seems fine with this! Everything electrical is still working fine. I had to replace the serpantine belt at around 70,000 miles. It currently needs a new exhaust manifold, as it has cracked and is making noise, but no big deal. Overall, this truck has been more reliable than I expected it to be.