Used 1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Solid work truck
By W

1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

My 2wd excab, LB has been in my driveway for almost a year. I go to the dump and back, 4miles RT, and occasionally to Home Depot. Perfect for my needs, wanted 4x4, but no sense in the extra parts to brake for what i use it for. Spent $900 and worth every penny. Just rolled over 100k on it. My only problem with it is the way I drive it, it will probably last forever so I have no excuse to get a newer truck. Replaced a rusted brake equilizer, had a new clutch, slave, and power steering pump before I got it. Slow as molasses on a cold day, but smooth as silk on the highway. As a bottom-of- the-line work truck it rates a 10. No idea on gas mileage. I use about a tank of gas every two months.

It's ugly and people stay out of my way. No one parks too close to you ever

None. It's perfect

1992 F-150 with 200,000+
By C.A.

1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 1992 F-150 XLT with 100,000 miles already on it. I had to put an new automatic transmission in it with in six months. I had a small electrical fire when I put a new alternator on it, the rotors over heates and the calipurs were of poor quality, and I have had five accidents in this truck. Once you get past the minor problems, its not a bad truck 225,000+ on the original 6 cyl motor. I do love this truck.

It's just a relaible old truck and it still looks good.

My Ford has problems with its paint, and the automatic over drive switch it goes in and out as it wants to.

The best never rest
By brian839297

1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It has over 250,000 miles and still runs on the original 351. The trans finally gave at 240 and it is now sporting a c6. This truck will take any thing you can give it. I jump it, take it off-road and drive it every day. The truck is fast for being what it is. I can out run almost any new Chevy and some HEMI Dodges too!

It's tough and will last forever

Nothing, if it can last to over 250,000 miles and is still running and driving great there is no need for improvement

I'd buy another one
By therok6942

1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck from my dad more than 2 years ago. The only things i've had to replace are normal wear and tear items such as brakes belts and tires and such. I consider this one of the safest vehicles i've ever driven because I can sit so high up and see over the other cars. I was in one wreck with a Saab(his fault) and I can say that i came out on top.

I love the beauty of my truck, the lines and the way it catches people's eyes. it has also lasted very well through the heat and humidity of the south and the winters of the northeast

Then engine is starting to get worn down and I'm looking for more power now. (I am drag racer). And engine swaps are fairly cheap so my truck will soon get a 460ci engine.

red one
By redryder

1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Very comfortable, great acceleration, very reliable. replaced alternator, battery, tires. No malfunctions. Great truck, could use more power when towing boat.

Comfort, cruise control 4WD

Improve mileage, and towing power