Used 1992 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My Iron Maiden
By Sarah G.

1992 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Was a bit skeptical upon purchasing vehicle. The two American vehicles I owned previous were junk, including a Ford Taurus. Bought for the straight six motor. Proved to be a very reliable vehicle. I drove it only sporadically because it was my 2nd vehicle. Started up everytime, even during the coldest New England mornings. I replaced the battery and oil pan during the time I owned it (both were pretty old). Was just about as reliable as my '93 Honda Civic. I'm kicking myself for selling it, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Reliability, the solid feel of it (nice heavy metal thud when I closed the door), dual gas tanks. Horsepower suited my needs just fine, as I never did any heavy towing.

Gas mileage, But I've heard the the 300ci engine block was heavy anyway. Other than that, I don't think I would change a thing.

Solid work truck
By W

1992 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

My 2wd excab, LB has been in my driveway for almost a year. I go to the dump and back, 4miles RT, and occasionally to Home Depot. Perfect for my needs, wanted 4x4, but no sense in the extra parts to brake for what i use it for. Spent $900 and worth every penny. Just rolled over 100k on it. My only problem with it is the way I drive it, it will probably last forever so I have no excuse to get a newer truck. Replaced a rusted brake equilizer, had a new clutch, slave, and power steering pump before I got it. Slow as molasses on a cold day, but smooth as silk on the highway. As a bottom-of- the-line work truck it rates a 10. No idea on gas mileage. I use about a tank of gas every two months.

It's ugly and people stay out of my way. No one parks too close to you ever

None. It's perfect

I Love my FlareSide
By Louie

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I reccived this as my first truck when I turned 16. My dad purchased a brand new Ford FlareSide 4x4 with a mighty 5.8L V8 motor. I love it, the only problems that need to be fixed in the next some odd miles is the Transmission (234823). Speed is there when you need it and the stock dual exhaust is loud. Bumps, mud, water, and sand can't hold this truck back. The cab is a bit small for a 6ft tall guy. I replaced the stock sound system with a Sony XPLOD complete system. Seat belts stop locking after a while and need to be replaced. AC Compressor shreds belts after a hundred miles so thats on a list for me to find. Over all this truck is fast and powerful beast

5.8L V8 4x4. Speed is there if I needed. Just plain old powerful

New AC compressor, transmission after 200k, seat belts, sound system, HID headlights

1992 F-150 with 200,000+
By C.A.

1992 Ford F-150 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 1992 F-150 XLT with 100,000 miles already on it. I had to put an new automatic transmission in it with in six months. I had a small electrical fire when I put a new alternator on it, the rotors over heates and the calipurs were of poor quality, and I have had five accidents in this truck. Once you get past the minor problems, its not a bad truck 225,000+ on the original 6 cyl motor. I do love this truck.

It's just a relaible old truck and it still looks good.

My Ford has problems with its paint, and the automatic over drive switch it goes in and out as it wants to.

The best never rest
By brian839297

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It has over 250,000 miles and still runs on the original 351. The trans finally gave at 240 and it is now sporting a c6. This truck will take any thing you can give it. I jump it, take it off-road and drive it every day. The truck is fast for being what it is. I can out run almost any new Chevy and some HEMI Dodges too!

It's tough and will last forever

Nothing, if it can last to over 250,000 miles and is still running and driving great there is no need for improvement