1992 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My Iron Maiden
By Sarah G. on 01/12/10 09:34 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Was a bit skeptical upon purchasing vehicle. The two American vehicles I owned previous were junk, including a Ford Taurus. Bought for the straight six motor. Proved to be a very reliable vehicle. I drove it only sporadically because it was my 2nd vehicle. Started up everytime, even during the coldest New England mornings. I replaced the battery and oil pan during the time I owned it (both were pretty old). Was just about as reliable as my '93 Honda Civic. I'm kicking myself for selling it, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Solid work truck
By W on 06/26/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

My 2wd excab, LB has been in my driveway for almost a year. I go to the dump and back, 4miles RT, and occasionally to Home Depot. Perfect for my needs, wanted 4x4, but no sense in the extra parts to brake for what i use it for. Spent $900 and worth every penny. Just rolled over 100k on it. My only problem with it is the way I drive it, it will probably last forever so I have no excuse to get a newer truck. Replaced a rusted brake equilizer, had a new clutch, slave, and power steering pump before I got it. Slow as molasses on a cold day, but smooth as silk on the highway. As a bottom-of- the-line work truck it rates a 10. No idea on gas mileage. I use about a tank of gas every two months.

I Love my FlareSide
By Louie on 03/12/08 00:22 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I reccived this as my first truck when I turned 16. My dad purchased a brand new Ford FlareSide 4x4 with a mighty 5.8L V8 motor. I love it, the only problems that need to be fixed in the next some odd miles is the Transmission (234823). Speed is there when you need it and the stock dual exhaust is loud. Bumps, mud, water, and sand can't hold this truck back. The cab is a bit small for a 6ft tall guy. I replaced the stock sound system with a Sony XPLOD complete system. Seat belts stop locking after a while and need to be replaced. AC Compressor shreds belts after a hundred miles so thats on a list for me to find. Over all this truck is fast and powerful beast

1992 F-150 with 200,000+
By C.A. on 01/05/08 16:05 PM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 1992 F-150 XLT with 100,000 miles already on it. I had to put an new automatic transmission in it with in six months. I had a small electrical fire when I put a new alternator on it, the rotors over heates and the calipurs were of poor quality, and I have had five accidents in this truck. Once you get past the minor problems, its not a bad truck 225,000+ on the original 6 cyl motor. I do love this truck.

The best never rest
By brian839297 on 12/08/07 12:52 PM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It has over 250,000 miles and still runs on the original 351. The trans finally gave at 240 and it is now sporting a c6. This truck will take any thing you can give it. I jump it, take it off-road and drive it every day. The truck is fast for being what it is. I can out run almost any new Chevy and some HEMI Dodges too!

F.O.R.D.
By jazzbeau on 06/14/06 02:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck new,and it was fine until the odometer hit 39k miles. Then prematurely, the power steering pump went south! Of course Ford turned their back on me, that soon after the expiration of the warranty. So, $380 later I can steer like I should be able to. At 65k, all of the steering parts needed to be replaced. Then finally at 81k the transmission went, taking with it the radiator and transmission cooler. Seems it was a defective transmission, as it never shifted right. The dealer said that was normal lol ... and then the lines all plugged up from this type of premature wear. I later found out that this was a common problem on Ford AOD trannies. I'll never buy another Ford again! Fix Or Repair Daily.

great truck
By trk2621 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I've had my pickup for almost 2 years now, and I had no problems at all. It runs and looks fine!

Great work truck
By couleeman on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a great work truck. You cannot kill it. I have the 300-6 with the 5 speed, and put on alot of miles on a year with no problems yet.

its a work truck people`
By work truck user on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

If you use a truck for what its ment for this truck is great. The 4wd system hasent failed me yet. i went tru last winter and was able to dirve the truck thru all the snow we got and still pull people out of snow banks. the 5.0 is a good strong motor i havent had to replace anything but a u joint and some tires but that is normal usage of a 4wd truck. If you dont like upkeep dont buy a 4wd but deffently buy a ford the out last all the others.

I'd buy another one
By therok6942 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck from my dad more than 2 years ago. The only things i've had to replace are normal wear and tear items such as brakes belts and tires and such. I consider this one of the safest vehicles i've ever driven because I can sit so high up and see over the other cars. I was in one wreck with a Saab(his fault) and I can say that i came out on top.