Ford has what is takes
By Jeremy Pearce on
1991 Ford F-150 S 2dr Regular Cab LB
I bought this 91 F-150 about a year and a half ago with 166,000 miles on it. I have been so happy with it ever since. I live in Alaska and I'm out in the Bush (Wasilla/Willow) and I have done my fair share of off-roading with this truck, and it still runs and runs. I have not been too good to my truck but it has been very good to me. I now have over 177,800 miles on its powerful 300 inline 6. I don't even have a V8 and I'm loving the power that I get from this thing. It doesn't have the most HP in the world (145hp) but its torque is nice for a six cylinder (265 ft-lbs). I have never had the engine of transmisson rebuilt, or had any major work done. The owner before me also said he never had work done.
Favorite Features
The power is amazing and I love that I get better gas mileage than most trucks (because of my inline 6). I get about 18 miles to the gallon, when most of my buddies with their V8s get like 14. That is a big difference when gas is $2.80 a gallon.
Suggested Improvements
The ride quality could use a little work but its an older truck. I have found that with all the older trucks I've driven in the past. In comparison I have found the F-150 to have a much better ride.