Used 1991 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Tough truck
By scb

1991 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

purchased this truck in 1993. For 10 years a daily driver for my wife to work. Last 6 years it has been used as a demo hauler for my son when he gutted out his old house and needed a dump truck, I use it to haul landscaping material to and from my place. Today was the first time I had to put any major into the rig as it finally blew a head gasket. Prior to that, only an alternator. I'm keeping the truck and now will begin to clean it up as I have a 7 year old grandson who wants the thing. Good rig!

Favorite Features

Starts and runs whenever I need it. Lots of power with the 5.0. Truck jumps right onto the freeway and 70 w/out any effort.

Suggested Improvements

None really for the age of truck. It is what it is. Solid and dependable.

FIRST VEHICLE
By cullenchavis

1991 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I just got this truck yesterday and i love it.It gets up to speed fast i can feel the power as soon as i start it.The gear screen where you see weather your in drive reverse etc is weird and doesnt show too good.But it has a huge cab and we fit 4 peopole in it yesterday

Favorite Features

huge engine powerful

Suggested Improvements

gear screen

My 1991 Ford
By David

1991 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck off my grandfather, for my 16th birthday, for only $600. Drive it everywhere I can. Has 89,700 miles. I upgraded the stereo(from the cassette radio it had). Love the interior, its very comfortable. The exterior has some rust above both back wheel wells. Everything else is in great shape. The engine sounds like a beast. My grandfather comes by every month to make sure the truck is still in good condition.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, great engine. Good sized bed for minor hauling.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, receiving 12mpg in summer, and 8 mpg in winter. Like driving a Hummer.

My 91 Ford
By POSEY

1991 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

My 1991 Ford F-150 has the 4.9L straight 6. It was given to me from my uncle with 85,000 miles on it. It now has 187,000. I have not changed the oil since i got it and it still runs very strong. I'm not too big on the transmissions on the 91 Ford since my reverse went out.

Favorite Features

The heater

Suggested Improvements

Stronger transmissions

Heavy-Half
By the_suffering360

1991 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

I recieved it from my grandfather when he passed away. I love this truck. It currently has around 69300 actual miles. It is a great truck. It has the 4.9 with the HD tranny out of the 350 and the same HD rear axle out of a srw 350. It was ordered like that and is not aftermarked mods. This thing is a torque beast. I put 30 by 9 inch BFGoodwrench allterrains on it at stock ride and I can go farther than my friends Jeeps and 4X4s and its rwd! I frequently haul 2000lbs+ in the bed and a 6000lbs+ trailer and it will handel it at any speed and it has 0 lag even fully loaded. #5 cylinder is shot though but still drives OK.

Favorite Features

Massive torque beast. Reasonable gas mileage for a truck. Durable as a block of solid steel. Goes anywhere. Comfortable as a new lazyboy.

Suggested Improvements

Better brake design and maybe rear disks. Better factory fuel pumps and guages. Cheap fender material rusts so easily. Bad gas mileage because of bad cylinder. More power