1991 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Tough truck
By scb on 05/05/10 21:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

purchased this truck in 1993. For 10 years a daily driver for my wife to work. Last 6 years it has been used as a demo hauler for my son when he gutted out his old house and needed a dump truck, I use it to haul landscaping material to and from my place. Today was the first time I had to put any major into the rig as it finally blew a head gasket. Prior to that, only an alternator. I'm keeping the truck and now will begin to clean it up as I have a 7 year old grandson who wants the thing. Good rig!

FIRST VEHICLE
By cullenchavis on 03/14/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I just got this truck yesterday and i love it.It gets up to speed fast i can feel the power as soon as i start it.The gear screen where you see weather your in drive reverse etc is weird and doesnt show too good.But it has a huge cab and we fit 4 peopole in it yesterday

My 1991 Ford
By David on 03/02/09 12:18 PM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck off my grandfather, for my 16th birthday, for only $600. Drive it everywhere I can. Has 89,700 miles. I upgraded the stereo(from the cassette radio it had). Love the interior, its very comfortable. The exterior has some rust above both back wheel wells. Everything else is in great shape. The engine sounds like a beast. My grandfather comes by every month to make sure the truck is still in good condition.

My 91 Ford
By POSEY on 11/24/08 18:17 PM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

My 1991 Ford F-150 has the 4.9L straight 6. It was given to me from my uncle with 85,000 miles on it. It now has 187,000. I have not changed the oil since i got it and it still runs very strong. I'm not too big on the transmissions on the 91 Ford since my reverse went out.

Most Reliable Vehicle A person can have
By Ford Owner on 11/16/08 16:10 PM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Extended Cab LB

I've owned my truck for several years. As a strong GM fan I never took into consideration owning a Ford but this one is strong reliable and all around great. 290000 miles and still running strong

Great Truck
By Awesome truck on 03/22/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

We've only had it for about 4 years but it has always been reliable. Will tow anything. The 5.0 v8 is powerful but drinks gas. Repairs are rare and are easy to fix.

Heavy-Half
By the_suffering360 on 10/04/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab LB

I recieved it from my grandfather when he passed away. I love this truck. It currently has around 69300 actual miles. It is a great truck. It has the 4.9 with the HD tranny out of the 350 and the same HD rear axle out of a srw 350. It was ordered like that and is not aftermarked mods. This thing is a torque beast. I put 30 by 9 inch BFGoodwrench allterrains on it at stock ride and I can go farther than my friends Jeeps and 4X4s and its rwd! I frequently haul 2000lbs+ in the bed and a 6000lbs+ trailer and it will handel it at any speed and it has 0 lag even fully loaded. #5 cylinder is shot though but still drives OK.

Good all around truck
By stephen on 07/31/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 1991 F150 Custom std. cab 2WD 4.9L L6. I drove it to school and back 5 years ago the only problems I have had was the water pump, heater core and replacing tires (me being a 17 yr old boy). I would definitely buy another truck like this, but I would like the 5.0. I suggest this truck to anyone. I had 155,000 miles on it when I bought it and it has been a great truck.

Ford has what is takes
By Jeremy Pearce on 02/27/06 17:26 PM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this 91 F-150 about a year and a half ago with 166,000 miles on it. I have been so happy with it ever since. I live in Alaska and I'm out in the Bush (Wasilla/Willow) and I have done my fair share of off-roading with this truck, and it still runs and runs. I have not been too good to my truck but it has been very good to me. I now have over 177,800 miles on its powerful 300 inline 6. I don't even have a V8 and I'm loving the power that I get from this thing. It doesn't have the most HP in the world (145hp) but its torque is nice for a six cylinder (265 ft-lbs). I have never had the engine of transmisson rebuilt, or had any major work done. The owner before me also said he never had work done.

Great Truck
By Carlos Venegas on 11/06/05 00:20 AM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great ride. Mine is going towards the 300k mile mark and the engine still has had no need for rebuilding. I will pretty soon because I plan on making drastic changes. Inline 6 engine is very good. Best Ford engine ever. It's a great truck. Treat your truck right, it will treat you right.